Renewing of the Mind pt 10

Tuesday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
joannbkkpr

Renewing of the Mind pt 10

Post by joannbkkpr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 am

Chapter 9

Conclusion

(Review and Wrap Up)

Now Faith is

Faith works. Faith is the immediate answer to your prayer. It is the evidence that your victory is guaranteed. Faith is. We are the righteousness of God in Christ. God has given us all a measure of faith. We must believe that our faith is the evidence of every Godly desire we have. Only by faith can we obtain God’s promises.

It is your faith that will give you the strength to fight on when every instinct you have says, quit, or give up. It is your faith that will unlock spiritual power and engage in spiritual laws.

Let’s review the Faith Strategy steps again:

1. Quarantine the issue: Don’t expose it yet.
2. Go before the Throne of Grace: talk to God first.
3. Assemble the Tribe: seek Godly advice.
4. Suspend your doubts: it’s not by your strength, but by God’s power.
5. Surrender it to God: let it go and leave it to God.
6. Demonstrate your faith: walk it out n your attitude, actions and communication.
7. Wait and know: divine timing is part of the process. Wait with joyful anticipation.
8. Rehearse your celebration: imagine yourself celebrating and testifying.

At the end of the book, I’ve listed several statements to consider daily. It’s entitled the Faith Strategy Accountability Checklist and is intended to remind you of all the spiritually uplifting tools and resources you have at your disposal every minute of the day. Here is the statement (in question form):

1. Have you prayed an honest, fruitful prayer today?
2. Did you pray for someone else today?
3. Did you do a kind deed today? (includes praying, interceding for someone else)
4. Did you read and/or meditate on at least one scripture pertaining to your issue?
5. Were you able to do at least two things that made you happy/smile/laugh?
6. Did you write down or reflect on three things that you are grateful for?
7. Have you reflected on at least one victory God has given you in the past?
8. Did you declare, in Jesus name, I am victorious today?
9. How did you demonstrate your faith today?

(1) Fruitful prayers are open and honest with God about fears, doubts, and desires. Prayers open with thanksgiving and end with appreciation and praise.

(2) By praying for someone else you are activating the principles of loving your neighbor and of sowing and reaping.

(3) The same is true with doing a kind deed. Scripture says God will do the same for you. (Ephesians 6:8)

(4) Meditate on the word of God and expect success. “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” (Joshua 1:8)

(5) Do at least two things that made you happy/smile/laugh. “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22)

(6) Write down or reflect on three things that you are grateful for:
• “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
• “Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Romans 7:25)
• “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6)

(7) Reflect on at least one victory God has given you in the past.

(8) Declare, in Jesus name, I am victorious today!

(9) Demonstrate your faith. “17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” (James2:14, 17)

Doing these things each day will reinforce a faith mindset and keep you focused on victory and ensure that your faith endures. “But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith not: and wen thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.” (Luke 22:3)

In time they will come easily, and you will do without thinking about it. Every time you do, you’re operating from a faith mindset and practicing your own Faith Strategy.

I promised

In the introduction, I promised to share my personal Faith Strategy in a simple, down-to-earth, relatable, and to-the-point—way. I hope that I kept that promise. As I said some day it may change, but to date this modality works for me. God has shown up in some great ways and I’m so thankful.

I hope that you will be inspired to take identify your own. If there are areas you feel need work, don’t feel bad or ashamed, just work on them. We are all a work in progress. We learn. We do, and we grow.

God bless you in your faith walk. I pray that your faith grows, and your life is filled with favor and blessing beyond what you ever believed possible in the past. Remember if your have faith, you already have the victory. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1)