Renewing of the Mind pt 7

Tuesday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
joannbkkpr

Renewing of the Mind pt 7

Post by joannbkkpr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:21 am

Chapter 6

Demonstrate Your Faith

(Step 5)

Faith is an action word. Find a way to show that you believe in a positive outcome will truly bless you while you wait. Don’t put your head in the sand and just allow things around you to fall apart. Do something constructive. I chose decorating. It will help distract you and help keep you in a positive state of mind.

Find a Project You Enjoy

When I finally pulled myself out of a depressed state about my mortgage situation, I realized that I’d been wallowing in doubt and self-pity far from the faith mindset that I needed. I talked to God and asked for forgiveness for doubting Him. I forgave myself for the role I played in helping to create the financial mess I was in. I stopped beating myself up over not saving; not planning; and so on.

I decided to demonstrate my faith by redecorating my dining room. By doing so, I was showing that I had not given up on remaining in possession of my home. I was investing in it, because it was mine. I started my painting.

Over the course of a few months, I totally changed the look and feel of the dining area. It felt good to complete a project and have such beautiful results. I imagined having family gatherings and birthday parties in my beautiful new space.
Another thing I did was spruce up the yard. I pulled weeds, fertilized the soil and planted grass seed.

Another instance, when I believed for healing, I demonstrated my faith by starting a workout program. I also prayed regularly for people on the “sick and shut-in” list at the church. You can do volunteer work to support a cause that is close to your heart.
Your demonstration shows that you believe God’s power is real. And even though you are still waiting, you have complete faith—you know that you know—without a shadow of a doubt, your victory is on the way.

Sowing Seeds

I sow cash donations quite often. But sewing is more than money. A few years ago, when I was in faith to become a published author, I sowed into several author’s ministries by donating and purchasing the books.

I believed in the principle of sowing and reaping. Too often we say, “You reap what you sow” in a negative way, but if you think about it, that’s good news! A seed is anything that you give of yourself including but not limited to:

• Volunteer Time
• Dollars or other forms of currency
• Donations of your knowledge, skills and abilities
• Gifts
• Spiritual encouragement
• Products and services from your business

Again, a seed Is not always money. Ask God for wisdom about sowing as it pertains to your personal circumstances. What you give comes back to you. As the song goes, you can’t beat God giving no matter how you try. God does not need your seed. He needs you to develop a heart of giving so that the principle of sowing and reaping can bless your life.

Resolve to Operate on a Spiritual Level

We absolutely must get into the habit of living by spiritual laws. The world tells us that life happens to us and we should just roll with the punches. That’s not how believer live. Life does not happen to us. We happen to life. We operate in faith mode. We believe in the spirit of God that works in us to accomplish great and mighty things. As such, we deliberately act by faith. In scripture after scripture, God says, if you do this, then this will happen. For example:

• If you seek, you will find. (Matthew 7:7)
• If you give, you will receive. (Luke 6:38)
• If you sow, you will reap. (Galatians 6:7)
• If you pray, I will hear you. (Job 22:27)
• If you believe, you shall receive. (Mark 11:24)

So, if you have a need, there is a way of obtaining that need. If you have a desire that is aligned with the will of God, there is a way of achieving that desire. Regardless of what naysayers tell you; what the medical exam shows; or what you’ve experienced in the past, the spiritual laws of our Lord are the authority.

When you choose to walk, talk, and think in line with spiritual laws, you are walking in faith.
You are operating in your God-given authority and dominion. Take hold of God’s promises. Demonstrate your faith in your conversation; attitude; and behaviors. The more that you do, the more it will become second nature to walk by faith, not by sight.