A Year with Jesus--"Welcome to Son Rise"

Tuesday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
joannbkkpr

A Year with Jesus--"Welcome to Son Rise"

Post by joannbkkpr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:20 am

"Welcome to Son Rise" — A Year with Jesus for 04/01/2018
He is Risen!
Happy Easter from Heartlight — Read our Easter Message
Welcome to Son Rise

Note from Jesus
Dear Follower and Friend,

Let there be light. And light flashed into being.
(Genesis 1:3)
Yes, I was there the very first time light drove away the darkness at creation. In fact, I AM the living Word Who brought creation into existence (John 1:1-5; Colossians 1:16). You shouldn't be surprised that I was there for the great rising of the sun on that Sunday after my crucifixion. Just as I, Jesus the Christ and Son of God, was slain as the Passover Lamb for the sins of the world, I triumphed over the grave to end death's hold over you. I AM the Lord of creation and I am the Lord of Resurrection Sunday.

You may call it Easter, yet for heaven's angels, that resurrection morning was Son Rise. This event is the great day of victory for each of you who has placed your faith in Me. The power of sin and death was defeated. Broken hearts with shattered dreams were suddenly jubilant. With Son Rise, they were joyously stitched together with unconquerable hope realizing that I AM forever victorious over the power of sin, hell, and the grave.

I know you will have hard days, dark days, that are too long and feel hopeless. So as you read the verses below, I want you to notice that Mary Magdalene twice calls Me her Lord even though she thinks that death still holds Me. So, on your days that are too long and feel hopeless, I want you to hang onto faith like Mary did. Call out to Me as your Lord. Trust Me as your Lord. Hang on to Me as Lord even when there appears to be no reason to keep holding onto faith in Me. Sooner or later, like for Mary, there will be Son Rise! That is the promise of Resurrection Sunday. That is the assurance that Mary Magdalene's example of faith can give you.

Rejoice today, but not just today. Every sunrise is a reminder that death cannot hold you when you are in My life-giving grip. Every cemetery sorrow is but a temporary parting for those touched by My grace. Remember this: the grave cannot hold those who have put their faith in Me as Lord. With Me, there is always the promise of Son Rise!

Verses to Live
Death is the horror that hell has used to enslave humanity. When you see the broken heart of My mother, Mary, as she watches Me die, please know I came to bring hope to such pain. When you see Peter devastated by his betrayal as I faced death, please know I came to remove such shame. When you see Mary Magdalene touched first by My powerful grace when I cast out the demons oppressing her and then confused and broken by My death, please know that I am Lord of life and of the assurance that hope triumphs over death. When you see the sunrise, remember Me and remember Son Rise. I bring light to darkness, hope to despair, healing to brokenness, and, most of all, life to death. Hear these words and remember, Son Rise!

Near the place He [Jesus] was crucified, there was a garden with a newly prepared tomb. Because it was the day of preparation, they [Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus] arranged to lay Jesus in this tomb so they could rest on the Sabbath.

Before the sun had risen on Sunday morning, Mary Magdalene made a trip to the tomb where His body was laid to rest. In the darkness, she discovered the covering had been rolled away. She darted out of the garden to find Simon Peter and the dearly loved disciple to deliver this startling news.

Mary Magdalene:
They have taken the body of our Lord, and we cannot find Him!
Together, they all departed for the tomb to see for themselves. They began to run, and Peter could not keep up. The beloved disciple arrived first but did not go in. There was no corpse in the tomb, only the linens and cloths He was wrapped in. When Simon Peter finally arrived, he went into the tomb and observed the same: the cloth that covered His face appeared to have been folded carefully and placed, not with the linen cloths, but to the side. After Peter pointed this out, the other disciple (who had arrived long before Peter) also entered the tomb; and based on what he saw, faith began to well up inside him! Before this moment, none of them understood the Scriptures and why He must be raised from the dead. Then they all went to their homes.

Mary, however, stood outside the tomb sobbing, crying, and kneeling at its entrance. As she cried, two heavenly messengers appeared before her sitting where Jesus' head and feet had been laid.

Heavenly Messengers:
Dear woman, why are you weeping?

Mary Magdalene:
They have taken away my Lord, and I cannot find Him.
After uttering these words, she turned around to see Jesus standing before her, but she did not recognize Him.

Jesus:
Dear woman, why are you sobbing? Who is it you are looking for?

She still had no idea Who it was before her. Thinking He was the gardener, she muttered:

Mary Magdalene:
Sir, if you are the one who carried Him away, then tell me where He is and I will retrieve Him.

Jesus:
Mary!

Mary Magdalene (turning to Jesus and speaking in Hebrew):
Rabboni, my Teacher!

Jesus:
Mary, you cannot hold Me. I must rise above this world to be with My Father, Who is also your Father; My God, Who is also your God. Go tell this to all My brothers.
Mary Magdalene obeyed and went directly to His disciples.

Mary Magdalene (announcing to the disciples):
I have seen the Lord...

(John 19:41-42; John 20:1-18)

Response in Prayer
Almighty God — so high and exalted, yet so near — I praise You and thank You for Your power, love, and grace. Thank You for Jesus, born of woman, clothed in mortality, moved by love to be crucified for my sins, entombed in death to share my mortality, and raised from death as my conquering Lord. I thank You that Jesus' future is now my future, His conquest over death is now my assured victory, and His glory is now my destination. Thank You for Son Rise! Thank You, in Jesus' name. Hallelujah! Amen.