A Year with Jesus--"Light Shining in the Darkness"

Tuesday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
joannbkkpr

A Year with Jesus--"Light Shining in the Darkness"

Post by joannbkkpr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:05 am

"Light Shining in the Darkness" — A Year with Jesus for 01/04/2018
Note from Jesus
Dear Seeker,

When seen in the darkness of a moonless sky away from the light pollution from your cities, the billions upon billions of stars merge into a deep and comforting glow at the near reaches of your universe. The brightest of stars shines even more brilliantly. The darkest of nights reveals just how brightly the stars of the heavens shine. The darkness does not snuff out their light but only makes it more visible!

In a similar but far more important way, I AM the spiritual light in a world of darkness:

I am the Light that shines through the cosmos; if you walk with Me, you will thrive in the nourishing light that gives life and will not know darkness.
My beloved disciple John emphasizes throughout his gospel that I AM this Light. My light shines through the darkness of the entire cosmos. My light shines into the deepest darkness of your world. My light shines out of My life's darkest moments to give you light in your darkest of moments.

As I journey through the darkness of rejection, betrayal, abandonment, trials, and crucifixion, My light will still shine. My light will shine on and shine into the darkness and never will be truly extinguished, not even in My death. Remember this truth as I submit to the Father's will and let Satan have his way with Me on the cross.

Even as darkness appears to have overcome Me and scattered and shattered those who love Me, My light shines and gives hope to those trapped in the deepest darkness:

Before time itself was measured, the Voice [the Son] was speaking. The Voice was and is God. This celestial Word remained ever present with the Creator; His speech shaped the entire cosmos. Immersed in the practice of creating, all things that exist were birthed in Him. His breath filled all things with a living, breathing light — a light that thrives in the depths of darkness, blazes through murky bottoms. It cannot and will not be quenched.
(John 1:1-5)

I AM this Light! I AM this Voice. I AM this Word. You can believe Me. My message can be trusted, and My light can bring you life!

Verses to Live
In your darkest moments, how do you find the will to go on? In your darkness, where do you find light? Please hear My words. Trust Me. Come to Me and let Me give you light!

On another occasion, Jesus spoke to the crowds again.

Jesus:
I am the Light that shines through the cosmos; if you walk with Me, you will thrive in the nourishing light that gives life and will not know darkness.

Pharisees:
Jesus, what You are claiming about Yourself cannot possibly be true. The only person bearing witness is You.

Jesus:
Even if I am making bold claims about Myself — Who I am, what I have come to do — I am speaking the truth. You see, I know where I came from and where I will go when I am done here. You know neither where I come from nor where I will go. You spend your time judging by the wrong criteria, by human standards; but I am not here to judge anyone. If I were to judge, then My judgment would be based on truth; but I would not judge anyone alone. I act in harmony with the One Who sent Me. Your law states that if the testimonies of two witnesses agree, their testimony is true. Well, I testify about Myself, and so does the Father Who sent Me here.

Pharisees:
Where is the Father Who testifies on Your behalf?

Jesus:
You don't know the Father or Me. If you knew Me, then you would also know the Father.

Jesus said all of these things in the treasury while He was teaching in the temple; followers and opponents alike gathered to hear Him, but none of His enemies tried to seize Him because His time had not yet come.
(John 8:12-20)

Response in Prayer
O Father of mercy and God of all grace, how can I appropriately thank You for Your indescribable gift in Jesus, Who gives me Your life and brings me Your light? I choose to walk with Jesus and His light. I choose to step out of the darkness and into His light. I choose to follow His words and live my life for You. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Joyful

Re: A Year with Jesus--"Light Shining in the Darkness"

Post by Joyful » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 pm

This is good

joannbkkpr

Re: A Year with Jesus--"Light Shining in the Darkness"

Post by joannbkkpr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:18 am

Thank you, joyful!