One Word for 2019

Monday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
shalom-dodi

One Word for 2019

Post by shalom-dodi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi. Welcome to those who are here tonight. Since it is the first Monday of 2019 we are going to talk about a different sort of concept tonight.

We will start with a Song and Prayer followed by sharing.

As we listen to this song. Let’s remember the past year or even years. The joys and the sorrows it held and then let’s release those to our Loving Father and REST for a bit in his love. The Bible says, Deut 33:12 The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him; and the Lord shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.
So no matter what last year brought us through, we have NEVER been outside of the LOVE of God. And He has kept us safe because if you are here with me, you are alive.

Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7UG6ZIkoDk

Prayer: Father God, as we enter this new year would you help us to release every single care, burden and sorrow of the past and learn to rest secure in your love? We ask this knowing you have promised always to be with us and never forsake us. And please help us to trust you more and more and come to you for all we need, emotionally and physically as a first resort when life is pressing against us. We thank you for bringing us to this place of new beginnings. In Jesus name amen

Home Christ Tomlin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtUTa5Nc-e0

How are you with New Year Resolutions? Personally I never make any. But if you do, how well do you keep them? Did you make one this year and already abandon it?

Have you ever heard of “One Word”?
Instead of a resolution, we can seek God for a word (or phrase) to guide our new year. Some of mine have been hope, trust, abide….I can’t remember really.

But prayerfully choosing one word, something that fits in the criteria of Philippians 4:8 and is also in alignment with the Fruit of the Spirit can guide our study and our focus for the coming year can be helpful.

We are told what sort of things to think about in Philippians 4:8 8 Finally, believers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable and worthy of respect, whatever is right and confirmed by God’s word, whatever is pure and wholesome, whatever is lovely and brings peace, whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on these things [center your mind on them, and implant them in your heart].

Gal 5:22-23 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Let me show you something a friend shared on FB.
Hello, welcome to Flight #2019. We are prepared to take off into the New Year.

Please make sure your Attitude and Blessings are secured and locked in an upright position.

All self-destructive devices should be turned off at this time.

All negativity, hurt and discouragement should be put away.

Should we lose Altitude under pressure, during the flight, reach up and pull down a Prayer.

Prayers will automatically be activated by Faith.

Once your Faith is activated you can assist other passengers.

There will be NO BAGGAGE allowed on this flight.

The Captain (GOD) has cleared us for takeoff. Destination GREATNESS.
Repost (or not) and book your flight!!!
Happy 2019!
Dodi Note: Isnt that cool? Kind of funny but cool.

Here is another presepctive.
From Sylvia Gunter: The turning of the year on the calendar offers a chance to reflect on what has been and dream about what is to come.

January 1st feels like a fresh start. People are quick to make resolutions about what they will do differently. People are determined to eat less, exercise more, be nicer to people around them, etc.

For many 2018 was hard and you are just glad that 2018 is over. For others 2018 was a exciting year of happiness, full of new beginnings, and you hope 2019 can be as good.

Wherever you find yourself the one thing I can say with certainty is God is up to something new. He always is. He has more life, more abundance, more hope, more love, more of Himself that He wants you to get to know.

Isaiah 43:19 says “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

I love the way The Message translates Isaiah 43:19 “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?”

As the new year begins, I invite you to carve out some time to sit with God and these questions.

1. God, what am I holding on to that You want me to let go of?

Is there old history that I need to stop rehearsing in my heart?

Living Water, please wash away anything old that You don’t want me to hold onto anymore.

As I let go of what is past, awaken my spirit to be alert, present, and in perfect alignment with you.

Give me eyes to see You.

2. What do I need to see about You? God, what characteristic of Your nature do you want to show me in 2019? I want to know You.

3. God, what are Your hopes, dreams, and plans for me for 2019? You have plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future (Jer. 29:11).
What do I need to do to prepare my spirit, soul, and body for what You have planned?

Thank You, Father, that regardless of what I may face in 2019, things known and unknown to me, nothing takes You by surprise.

You are my waymaker.
You make a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Regardless of what 2019 brings, You will be with me. Help me stay close to You and learn of You.

https://thefathersbusiness.com/devotion/happy-new-year/

Can we do this?
Happy New Year from Shalom Dodi

Verses to encourage us:

* Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.  Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,… 1 Chronicles 16:11-12
* Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
* Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 1 Chronicles 16:8
* A blessing for you, because the Lord your God loves you.  Deuteronomy 23:5
* Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. Lamentations 3: 22-24

Focus On The Future, And God's Plans For You
God has plans for our lives, and they're plans to help us prosper!
* Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
* For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11
* In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.  Proverbs 16:9
* Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!  2 Corinthians 5:17

Don't Worry About What Is To Come
God is with us in the new year, and we don't need to worry about anything when we focus on Him. He is our strength, he is with us and we have nothing to fear.
* Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6
* Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6  
* Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 
* So we say with confidence,“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me?” Hebrews 13:6 
* Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

Plan Ahead For The Coming Year
While we're reflecting on the year that has gone, and the year that is about to come, it's important to plan ahead.
* A wise man thinks ahead; a fool doesn’t, and even brags about it! Proverbs 13:16
* For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it—lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’?” Luke 14:28-30
* Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, and attend to your herds. Proverbs 27:23
* May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4

Find Contentment In God This Year, And Give Thanks
As we ring in the new year it's important to remember that we can only find contentment in God. We also need to give thanks for all that He has done for us in the past year, and what he will do in the year to come.
* Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:11-13
* A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30
* “And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness” …Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Cor. 12:9-10
* Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. Psalm 100:4
* But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
* And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
* Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth.  Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.  Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.  Psalm 96: 1-3
https://www.biblemoneymatters.com/25-bi ... -new-year/
49346184_10156857048159929_5052286651531788288_n.png
49346184_10156857048159929_5052286651531788288_n.png (547.5 KiB) Viewed 1366 times