God is Mm Nn Oo

Monday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
shalom-dodi

God is Mm Nn Oo

Post by shalom-dodi » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:26 am

Song of Moses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwx0NxMX3bQ

Prayer: Dear God and our LORD, thank you for being You and drawing us to Yourself. What an honor to be called Children of God. Lord you know each of us intimately. You know our struggles, our needs, and our victories. I ask that for each person here, we be able to set aside the cares of life and simply “be” with You for this time. And God, would you send your Spirit to touch, heal and restore each of us and those we love? Not just right now, but in the coming days. Help us to know you more, trust you more and love you more. In Jesus name amen.

Tonight we are doing Mm, Nn and Ll.

He makes all things new. Isa 42:9
I am chosen for a new thing. Isa 43:19-20

He makes all things new. Isa 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.”
Dodi Note: Do you ever wish you had a “do over”. God promises he makes ALL things new when we are born again. The thing is, as you learned in CR, sometimes there needs to be amends made and always forgiveness given. And notice too how it says “the new springs forth”. That could be a suddenly or a process of being made new. Being transformed as it says, by the renewing of our minds. Kind of what we do as we study the Word together here.

I am chosen for a new thing. Isa 43:19-20 “Behold, I will do something new,
         Now it will spring forth;
         Will you not be aware of it?
         I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
         Rivers in the desert.
“The beasts of the field will glorify Me,
         The jackals and the ostriches,
         Because I have given waters in the wilderness
         And rivers in the desert,
         To give drink to My chosen people.
Dodi Note: This is a wonderful promise, one I cling to. A roadway in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. No one wants to be lost in the wilderness…think of a deep dark forest and you are lost there, a path to follow would be VERY welcome, wouldn’t it? And the bad news is, modern life is a sort of wilderness. However the good news is we have a path…the Way of Christ. Sometimes Christians are referred to as People of the Way.
And Rivers in the desert reminds me of that verse in John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” And Jesus, as we know IS “Living Water”.

He is marvelous. Rev 15:3
I am unworthy. 1 Cor 4:7

He is marvelous. Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, “Great and marvelous are your deeds, O Lord God the Almighty! Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations!
Dodi Note: He is marvelous. Marvelous is an interesting word. Consider the Marvel comic super heroes. Ha ha. Various translations use, amazing, wonderful, awe-inspiring, and spectacular. To me, the work and nature of God is simply beyond anything I have words to describe.

I am unworthy. 1 Cor 4:7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?
Dodi Note: The truth is we are unworthy of God’s love. Unworthy to be His own children. But the wonderful thing is… God does not see us that way. Nor does God label us as “unworthy”. He takes all that and calls us, actually makes us His beloved children. So we do not need to brag or be prideful that we are children of God, we are awe struck and grateful instead that because we are “in Christ” we have the righteousness of Christ and whether we are “worth” it or not has absolutely nothing to do with it.

God is merciful and gracious. Ex. 34:6
I have every good thing. Psalm 34:10

God is merciful and gracious. Exodus 34:6 The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness,
Dodi Note: This is one of my favorite passages. When life feels too much for me I sometimes repeat this phrase, “I AM” is Emmanuel. Meaning God, who is “I AM”, ALL we need, past, present and future is also God With Us. And at the same time, God proclaimed his “I AM” nature, he also said…he is merciful, gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in love. When you are feeling down and perhaps beginning to doubt God or think that whatever is going on in your life is because God is angry with you, look at this passage.

I have every good thing. Psalm 34:10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
Dodi Note: We lack no good thing. We have no NEED that is not met in and by God. We may have lots of “wants” but our needs are always met.

He is the Mighty God. Isaiah 9:6
I am protected from the evil one. 2 Thes. 3:3

He is the Mighty God. Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Dodi Note: Wonderful Counselor….he leads us in the way we are to go. Mighty God….nothing is too difficult for God. Everlasting Father, our Father who loves us and Prince of Peace, Sar Shalom. This sort of peace means the sort where we know that we know that we know, we are loved and eternally safe.

I am protected from the evil one. 2 Thes. 3:3 But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
Dodi Note: Guarded against the evil one…eternally safe. Forever! Things may be difficult, but hopefully never “Job” degree of difficult. But even then, God protected Job from death and restored all that was stolen from him. I have to admit, I don’t actually like the story of Job from the perspective of his first family. But for myself, I choose to know I do not “get it” but I choose that God had a good plan and purpose. There is much we will never understand.

Nn
He is the name above all names. Phil 2:9
I am one spirit with him. 1 Cor 6:17

He is the name above all names. Phil 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Dodi Note: I need the next two verses. 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Now this is cool. One day EVERY single knee will bow and EVERY single person will confess/know that Jesus is LORD. All his/our enemies will one day know. Every one who has opposed him. My prayer, our prayer is that they will do so while they are still able to be saved from eternal damnation. Especially those we love.
Actually let’s pause here for prayer.
Lord God we come to you know and we lift up these loved ones (type names if you wish) to you for salvation. We ask that you make yourself known to them in such a way that they will turn to you. And LORD we thank you that your desire none should perish but all should come to know you as LORD and Savior. Let it be so, in Jesus name amen.

I am one spirit with him. 1 Cor 6:17 But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.
Dodi Note: “One spirit” with God. One heart aligned with his. Our will in sync with his. Amazing.

He is near. Psalm 145:18
I am blessed with his nearness. Psalm 65:4

He is near. Psalm 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
Dodi Note: Another GREAT promise. God is NEAR to ALL who call on Him. Who call in truth. Perhaps truth means honesty, perhaps it means knowing the truth. But one thing we do know is Jesus is the Truth. And the Way. And Life.

I am blessed with his nearness. Psalm 65:4 Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, the holiness of your temple!
Dodi Note: Do you ever ponder the fact that you are invited into the court of heaven where Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father? In Bible times, and maybe even still in some countries, to enter the court and draw near to the King without an invitation generally led to death on the spot. That is why Esther was so brave. It applied even to beloved wives. But we, you and I, are invited and welcomed and SAFE at any time and all times to not just enter but to dwell/live right in the court/presence of God. WoW! Right?

He is never failing. 1 Kngs 8:56
I am given God’s magnificent promises. 2 Peter 1:3-4

He is never failing. 1 Kings 8:56 “Blessed be the LORD who has given rest to his people Israel, according to all that he promised. Not one word has failed of all his good promise, which he spoke by Moses his servant.
Dodi Note: There is another verse which says, God is not a man that he should lie”. When the LORD God says something, it is forever true and valid. That is so good to remember, isn’t it?

I am given God’s magnificent promises. 2 Peter 1:3-4 3seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 4For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.
Dodi Note: This is also a great promise we are being reminded of. Let’s see it in NLT for clarity. 3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
So I guess… we are without excuse for our sin choices?

Oo
He was the obedient Son. Heb 5:8-9
I am brought with a price. 1 Cor. 6:20

He was the obedient Son. Heb 5:8-9 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.
Dodi Note: A great thing to remember, although not one of the exactly “fun” things we need to remember. When we suffer, and we all have or will, that sometimes it is a training ground for us. None of us have been asked to be obedient to the point of “death on the cross” but many if not all of us, have learned and grown by being obedient to the Word of God.
Think forgiving “that one”.

I am brought with a price. 1 Cor. 6:20 19-20 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Dodi Note: This is an area where I often fall short. I often eat bad foods. But I do exercise. And I try. We were bought with the Blood of Jesus and signed and sealed as His own. We need to remember whom our Daddy is when making this or that choice. Perhaps having read this reminder, we will go forth trying to make better choice.

He is the only God. Psalm 86:10
I am devoted to him. Psalm 86:2

He is the only God. Psalm 86:10 For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.
Dodi Note: We can look to many other “gods”. We may not worship Buddha or Allah, but what about things like, money, food, cars, houses, iphones, relationships….you name it that we sort of worship forgetting that GOD is the ONLY One?

I am devoted to him. Psalm 86:2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God;
Dodi Note: Ask yourself, as I ask myself, how faithful are we? Is there an area of our lives we need to be more faith filled in?

He opposes the proud. 1 Pet 5:5
I am zealous for what is good. 1 Pet 3:13

He opposes the proud. 1 Pet 5:5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
Dodi Note: Hmmmm…..I wonder could this even include showing respect to dishonorable government people? Ha ha. Like respecting the office even when we cannot respect the person in the office? Sometimes that simply involves keeping my mouth shut when I have a whole LOT I want to say. Maybe including all people in authority? Pastors, parents, bosses, landlords? Not to disobey the law of God, not at all. But often just pray or act but not “mouth off”. This is something that can be very personally challenging. Guess maybe there is pride involved? Perhaps even a lack of trust in God being able to use anyone for anything without my help?

I am zealous for what is good. 1 Pet 3:13 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good?
Dodi Note: So how do we remain zealous for what is good while remaining humble in manner and heart? Well it goes on in the next verse to says: But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
Pretty specific isn’t it? Even if we suffer…we will be blessed.

He is over all. Rom 9:5
I am royalty. Rom 8:16-17

He is over all. Rom 9:5 To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.
Dodi Note: If/when we can remember during a trial that God is indeed “over all” and he does indeed have the FINAL word, then we are much more likely to be able to live in Shalom no matter what. And living in peace, heart peace and mind and body peace is such a lovely way to live.

I am royalty. Rom 8:16-17 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Dodi Note: What a grand way to end tonight. You and I are children of God. We will suffer but we know our final end, to be seated with Christ in heavenly places and actually we are already seated there in a way.
Have a blessed week.
Room is open to fellowship.