Kk, Keeper of My Times and Ll Lover of My Soul

Monday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
shalom-dodi

Kk, Keeper of My Times and Ll Lover of My Soul

Post by shalom-dodi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Prayer: Father God, thank you for this time. Thank you for this site and for each person here tonight. Lord sometimes we forget to thank you for all the many blessings you send our way. We get frustrated by life and forget what we know. So for this time, please help us to set aside everything and simply “be” with you for this time.
In Jesus name amen.

We are on Kk and Ll this week. Shall we begin?

Kk
He is the Keeper of my times. Psalm 31:15
My days are ordained of Him. Ps 139:16

He is the Keeper of my times. Psalm 31:15 My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!
Dodi Note: I LOVE that God is the Keeper of our times. It makes me think/remember that nothing has ever happened to or will happen to us that is outside the presence of God Almighty. Remember when David could have killed Saul? But God prevented him?
From Matthew Henry’s commentary: When David had Saul at his mercy in the cave, those about him said, This is the time in which God will deliver thee. 1 Samuel 24:4 . No, saith David, the time is not come for my deliverance till it can be wrought without sin, and I will wait for that time; for it is God's time, and that is the best time.
David KNEW God had him safely held in his hand.

My days are ordained of Him. Ps 139:16 ESV Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
NLT You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
Dodi Note: It can bring tears to my eyes when I think of God knowing us BEFORE we were even born. When we think of God knitting us in our mother’s womb and being with us all the days of our lives. I have known sorrow, you have too. Bad things have occurred, for you too I am sure and yet….here we are tonight… safely gathered around his word. This moment in time was ordained for each of before the beginning of our times.
And if that is not enough:
He keeps me as the apple of His eye. Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Imagine that: God keeps us as the “apple of his eye”. Do you know what an apple of your eye is? Find a person. Get REALLY close to them and stare into their very close eyes. You will see your own reflection in their eye, in the pupil. That is what an apple of the eye is. And GOD keeps us as THE apple of his eye and then he also HIDES us in the shadow of His wings.

He is the King of Kings. Rev 19:16
I am a glorious prince/princess. Ps 45:13

He is the King of Kings. Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
Dodi Note: King of Kings…. LORD of LORDS…. as in ABOVE every other ruler.

I am a glorious prince/princess. Ps 45:13 All glorious is the princess in her chamber, with robes interwoven with gold.
Dodi Note: Because we belong to Him, and he is Lord of Lords and King of Kings, we are His own dearly beloved children and hence…a prince or princess.

Ll
Jesus is the worthy Lamb of God. Rev 5:12
I am blameless at his coming. 1 Thess 5:23

Jesus is the worthy Lamb of God. Rev 5:11-12 Then I looked, and I heard the voices of many angels and living creatures and elders encircling the throne, and their number was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands. saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!”
Dodi Note: Remember Passover? The Passover Lamb? When the angel of death was going to kill all firstborn in Egypt EXCEPT those who had the blood of a lamb on their doorposts? Jesus is OUR PERMANENT LAMB; he has saved our lives literally and eternally.

I am blameless at his coming. 1 Thess 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Dodi Note: That is what the lamb did at Passover. That is was Jesus did/does. To sanctify means to “set apart”. The Hebrew first borns with the blood of the lamb were “set apart”. They were not killed. When we come to faith in Jesus as Messiah/Savior we too are “set apart” and marked and sealed forever as his own.

He is Liberty 2 Cor 3:17
I am putting on the new self. Eph 4:22-24

He is Liberty 2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Dodi Note: Freedom from… sin and sin nature and freedom to live and move and have our being “in Christ”.
What could be better?

I am putting on the new self. Eph 4:22-24 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
Dodi Note: We have a part in our sanctification. First we come and receive Jesus by faith. But then…. we put off and put on. We put off our old sin nature, where we gave in to all sorts of lusts and we become renewed in our MIND by reading and doing the Word. We cooperate to become more and more like God/Jesus.

Jesus is the Life-Giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45
I have new life. Rom 6:4

Jesus is the Life-Giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45 Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
Dodi Note: I have heard “first Adam and last Adam and knew it means Adam and Eve, by who sin entered the world. And that Jesus is the last Adam, by whom we are set free from sin, but I could not explain it deeper than that. So I looked it up. From Gotquestions.org
The Apostle Paul tells us in his first letter to the church in Corinth, “The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven” (1 Corinthians 15:45-49).
Paul is here pointing out the difference between two kinds of bodies, i.e., the natural and the spiritual. Genesis 2:7 speaks of the first man, Adam, becoming a living person. Adam was made from the dust of the ground and given the breath of life from God. Every human being since that time shares the same characteristics. However, the last Adam or the “second Adam”—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit. Just as Adam was the first of the human race, so Christ is the first of those who will be raised from the dead to eternal life. Because Christ rose from the dead, He is “a life-giving spirit” who entered into a new form of existence. He is the source of the spiritual life that will result in believers' resurrection. Christ's new glorified human body now suits His new, glorified, spiritual life—just as Adam's human body was suitable to his natural life. When believers are resurrected, God will give them transformed, eternal bodies suited to eternal life.
Paul tells us in verse 46 that the natural came first and after that the spiritual. People have natural life first; that is, they are born into this earth and live here. Only from there do they then obtain spiritual life. Paul is telling us that the natural man, Adam, came first on this earth and was made from the dust of the earth. While it is true that Christ has existed from eternity past, He is here called the second man or second Adam because He came from heaven to earth many years after Adam. Christ came as a human baby with a body like all other humans, but He did not originate from the dust of the earth as had Adam. He “came from heaven.”
Earthly bodies are fitted for life on this earth, yet they are limited by death, disease, and weakness because of sin which we’ve seen was first brought into the world by Adam.
However, the good news is that believers can know with certainty that their heavenly bodies will be just like Christ's—imperishable, eternal, glorious, and filled with power. At this time, all are like Adam; one day, all believers will be like Christ (Philippians 3:21). The Apostle John wrote to the believers, “Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2).

Not sure if that helps or is more confusing. Anyone want to share?

I have new life. Rom 6:4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

The LORD is my Light and my Salvation Ps 27:1
I am not afraid. Psalm 27:1

The LORD is my Light and my Salvation Ps 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Dodi Note: Remember the song? Whom Shall I fear?
A stronghold was a fort, a safe place to shelter from storms. Sort of like a cellar from a tornado in terms some of us might be familiar with.

And then BECAUSE of that… we have our response from the same verse: I am not afraid. Psalm 27:1

He is the Living God. 1 Tim 4:10
I am living Christ’s life. Gal 2:20

He is the Living God. 1 Tim 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.
Dodi Note: God is ALIVE and well. Active in our every day life. Present to us, with us and for us as well.

I am living Christ’s life. Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Dodi Note: This is another verse I understand internally but can’t really explain. Let’s see what Gotquestions.org says. In his letter to the Galatians, the apostle Paul wrote that he had been “crucified with Christ,” and, as a result, Paul no longer lived. Does this mean that Paul hung on the cross with Jesus and was crucified along with Him physically? Obviously not. What, then, did Paul mean by “crucified with Christ”? The life and death alluded to here are spiritual, not physical.
In the previous verse, Galatians 2:19, Paul states that in Christ he became dead to the Law, insensible to it in the same way that physical death makes a person insensible to all surrounding objects and influences. Paul says that he became insensible to the Law as a means of justification. It lost its power over him and ceased to influence him. Paul was also dead to the world, to ambition and the love of money, to the pride of life, and to the dominion of evil and hateful passions. They lost their power over him; they ceased to influence him. They, too, were crucified with Christ.

When we are crucified with Christ by faith in Him, we are to completely surrender every selfish desire and ambition to the perfect will of God. Self-promotion and self-pleasing desires are the greatest obstacle between man and salvation because it is the nature of man to want to please himself, and this self-recognition is a building block for sin. All sin erupts from the desire to please self, and this is what must be crucified with Christ in surrender to the will of God before salvation can bear fruit. This, as Paul attests, is an ongoing process because the sin nature, which has been crucified with Christ, still resides within in the flesh, which is still very much alive (Romans 7:18–25).

Man cannot overcome his inherited sinful nature on his own and needs the power and assistance of the Holy Spirit to make this happen, but the surrender of his own will to that of God’s will is essential for the elimination of his own desire’s powerful motivation and enslavement. This is part of repentance. True repentance is not just asking for forgiveness of sin but is also a willingness and desire for change that conforms to the will of God. It is surrender of one’s own control and will to the power and will of the Holy Spirit that is the beginning of being crucified with Christ.

Many Christians want to be obedient but continue to stumble in sin because they try to hang on to parts of the old self they think they are able to control. This is a self-defeating rationale that relies on the idea that man saves himself by his own works. The Bible teaches us that nothing a man does can save his soul, and salvation is only by the grace of God (Ephesians 2:8–9). Through this gift of grace, man can be born again and be given a new nature to replace the old, sinful self. He must be born again if he is ever to see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and if he is to be born again, his sinful nature must be crucified with Christ, and he must be filled with the Holy Spirit of God.

Again…hard to understand. Any comments?

He is The Living Water John 7:37-39
I am a tree planted by streams of Living Water. Jer 17:8

He is The Living Water John 7:37-39 37Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38“He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” 39But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
Dodi Note: Now THIS is easy to understand. Just picture an oasis or a lush mountain stream.
Jesus told the woman at the well the same thing. He is Living Water. The SOURCE of true abundant life.
Therefore:
I am a tree planted by streams of Living Water. Jer 17:8 He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.
I LOVE this. Once I made a cross stitch of it and have it framed in my house. Because Jesus is Living Water, and because our roots are in Him, we do not need to fear during the difficult times. And we will bear fruit.
Have you ever experienced someone commenting on your fruit during a time when you did not feel all that fruitful? Once someone said I had such peace all the time. I was thinking, “WHAT!! But later realized, she was seeing a fruit of the Spirit even though I was not.
There is however a condition for that to occur.
Condition for that is found in v 7: But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is Him.
We have to CHOOSE to TRUST in and have CONFIDENCE in the LORD. No matter how it seems, looks, or feels.

He is the LORD of Hosts. 1 Sam. 17:45
I have the full armor of God. Eph 6:13

He is the LORD of Hosts. 1 Sam. 17:45 Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
Dodi Note: Remember David was offered Saul’s armor. But that was too big, too heavy and not right for David. God had gone before David and prepared him and equipped him with EXACTLY what was needed for the situation. We each have been thus outfitted by God to deal with whatever life slings our way.
Because:

We have the full armor of God. Eph 6:13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
Dodi Note: Let’s review the armor and JESUS is the Armor as well.

v12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms….v14-18 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Jesus as Armor:
The Belt of Truth
Ephesians 6:14 -- Stand therefore, having your loins girded about with truth ....
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life ..." (John 14:6). Jesus not only gives us truth; He is the truth! When we are wearing the belt of truth, we are wearing Jesus around our middle, the place where our vital organs are located. Wearing (abiding in) Jesus the Truth keeps our spiritual vital organs protected from harm.
The belt and the sword are closely associated. When we are not actively wielding the sword, it rests in its scabbard, which hangs on the belt. Ephesians 6:17 tells us that the sword is the Word of God, and Jesus said of the Scriptures, "Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth (John 17:17). We are sanctified (cleansed and made holy) through living in God's truth. There is a time to actively wield the truth of God's Word in spiritual warfare, but there is also a time to dwell in it, to rest in it, to stand firm and unmoved in it. This is the equivalent of the sword being in its scabbard, hanging on the belt.

Jesus, the Boot
Ephesians 6:15 -- And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
The gospel is the good news, and of course, Jesus is The Good News! He is all our hope of salvation.
The armor of God in Ephesians is a picture drawn from Roman fighting gear. Roman soldiers did not wear flimsy sandals; their footwear was closer in appearance and function to a boot, with heavy hobnails driven into the bottoms. In Genesis 3:15, God said of the "seed" which was to come (which was the Savior), "It [the seed -- Jesus] shall bruise your [the serpent -- Satan's] head, and you shall bruise his heel." Jesus was bruised for our sins (Isaiah 53:5), and now is the covering for our heels so that the devil cannot bruise us!
We are not only protected from the enemy's attack by Jesus, but it gets better yet. Romans 16:20 tells us, "And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly ...." Jesus crushed the head of Satan for all time by His victorious death and resurrection, but we are privileged to participate with Jesus in crushing the enemy's head in ongoing victory.
Shoes cover the feet, and those feet are intended for walking. We must carry the gospel of peace (Jesus) to the nations, for He is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6) through Whom the nations receive peace and reconciliation with God the Father: "Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).
Through being clothed in Jesus the Boot, as we spread the gospel message and establish His Kingdom here on earth, we tread on Satan's head. In the sense of trampling the enemy underfoot, the shoes of the preparation of the gospel of peace are as much an offensive part of the armor as they are defensive in nature.

The Shield of Faith
Ephesians 6:16 -- Above all, take the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Psalm 119:114 says of the Lord, "You are my hiding place and my shield: I hope in your word." Psalm 28:7 affirms, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped ...."
Notice that Ephesians 6:16 exhorts, "Above all, take the shield of faith ...." Faith is critical to successful Christian living. Hebrews 11:6 states, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he who comes to God must believe that he exists, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him." Faith, essentially, is about whether we believe He is Who He says He is, and whether we trust Him to do what He has said He will do. To not have faith in God is to insult Him -- as though we question His integrity.
The Roman infantry shields were full body-length shields made of leather and wood. To make sure they were not set ablaze by flaming arrows, the soldiers soaked them in water before going into battle. As we thoroughly drench ourselves in the Lord's Presence by spending time communing with Him, we strengthen our faith so that the enemy's assaults cannot succeed in causing us to waver. And we know that the blood of Jesus is our shield of complete protection from the assaults of hell.
Romans 10:17 instructs us in yet another way to build our faith: "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Faith is closely tied to God's Word, and, as we will see when we get to the sword of the Spirit, Jesus and His Word are one with each other. Speaking the Word of God over ourselves increases the shield of faith around us.

The Helmet of Salvation
Ephesians 6:17 -- And take the helmet of salvation ....
Believers understand that Jesus is our salvation: "... You shall call his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).
The helmet of salvation covers the mind. Our minds and emotions are the main battlegrounds where the enemy tries to render us ineffective and thereby defeat us. If he can get us to think things that are not truth, he can keep us from establishing God's Kingdom on earth.
Doubt and fear are the most common agents he uses against our minds. This is why Isaiah 12:2 says, "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid ...."
Psalm 140:7 assures us of Jesus' desire to personally protect our minds: "O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, you have covered my head in the day of battle."
When we have Jesus, our helmet of salvation, firmly in place, we are immune to the devil's doubt and fear tactics. We trust and are not afraid. Trust and the determination to not fear take a conscious effort on our part. We cannot simply expect Jesus to do it all for us without our cooperation, but it is Jesus our Salvation Who makes it possible for us to repel the enemy's attacks on our minds, through the use of His Name. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).
The believer's other role in maintaining victory in his mind is to constantly fill it with the Word of God. We are transformed (changed into the likeness of Jesus) by renewing our minds with the Word (Romans 12:2)

The Sword of the Spirit
Ephesians 6:17 -- ... And [take] the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
The sword is an offensive weapon in the armor. We have been taught to wield our sword, to oppose the enemy of our souls, and take territory for God's Kingdom by speaking the Word of God. But many of us have not caught the full impact of this concept.
The Bible identifies Jesus as being synonymous with God's Word. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God .... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us ..." (John 1:1, 14). Essentially, God is saying, "Jesus and My Word are one. The two cannot be separated." This is why there is so much power in the Scriptures. This is why devils tremble and flee when the Word of God is spoken with authority. When the powers of darkness hear the Word, they understand that that Word packs the very essence of Jesus Himself, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. The Word carries all the backing of Almighty God. If only we would as fully understand this as the devils do!
The Apostle Paul encourages us, "Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light" (Romans 13:12). Jesus is that Light. He is our salvation, our righteousness, our truth, our peace and good news, our shield, and the invincible Word of God. When we are clothed in Him, we need never be afraid.

The Seventh Piece
Ephesians 6:18 -- Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance ....
Although the seventh piece in our spiritual armor is not a picture of Jesus, it is essential for effective life in Christ. Praying in the Spirit, in the Holy Spirit's perfect understanding of the will of the Father, is both a defensive and offensive part of our armor. It is a mighty force to be reckoned with.
Romans 8:26, 27 tells us, "Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities [weaknesses]: for we don't know what we should pray for as we ought to: but the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he who searches the hearts [God the Father] knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because he intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."
Those of us who are Pentecostal or Charismatic understand "praying in the Spirit" to mean praying in tongues. We know that when we do, the Holy Spirit prays perfectly through us, according to Father's will. As a result, His Kingdom is established on earth in the arena we are praying about. 2 Corinthians 10:4 tells us, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds." The prayer language is a powerful weapon of our spiritual warfare.
Praying in the Spirit complements the shield of faith, faith being both defensive and offensive in nature. Jude 20 encourages us, "building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost." Abundant praying in tongues strengthens our faith. We are speaking spirit-to-Spirit, bypassing the mind, with all its tendency to doubt. When we use our prayer language we are speaking the counsel of God, and faith is a by-product of speaking His truth.
I believe that even when we pray in our natural language, however, we can "pray in the Spirit." I ask the Lord to guide all my praying, both in tongues and in English, so that all of it is according to His will. This is a maturing process. As we grow in sensitivity to Him, we become adept at praying in the Spirit with our understanding, as well as with our prayer language. We come closer to hitting the bull's eye of praying perfectly in the Spirit at all times, whether we are praying in tongues or in our native language.
Every part of the armor of God is integrally connected with every other part, and no part is unnecessary. This is why we are told to put on the whole armor of God. The breastplate protects our heart attitudes, which are closely connected with what we allow ourselves to think; our thoughts are protected by the helmet, but also by both abiding in (being girded with) and actively wielding (the sword) God's truth; our faith (the shield) keeps us from doubt and fear; and having our focus on carrying the gospel to the world will assure that we do not get sidetracked into idle thoughts and temptations. Finally, praying in the Spirit assures that we will advance the purposes of God effectively, as a good soldier in His army should.

http://www.leeannrubsam.com/Fire/armor.html

God is love. 1 John 4:16
I am his beloved. Ps 60:5
and Song of Songs.

God is love. 1John 4:16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
Dodi Note: Above all… God is LOVE. Not just that God loves us. God actually IS LOVE and since God is LOVE ALL he does is a part of that love.
And we therefore:
We are his beloved. Ps 60:5 That your beloved ones may be delivered, give salvation by your right hand and answer us!
and Song of Songs 6:3 I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine; he grazes among the lilies.
Song of Solomon 7:10
I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me.

You and I ARE LOVED, we are labeled “beloved”. Good news? This week, if you are feeling discouraged remember, God calls you His Beloved one.
Have a good week.

At certain times of the year, great clouds of flies, mosquitoes and other insects would attack the shepherd’s flocks. In addition, the sheep could be afflicted by lice and ticks. These insects would especially attack the heads of the sheep, burrowing into their ears and noses. The results could range from irritation to disease to even death. To protect the sheep, the shepherd would make a mixture of olive oil and anoint the head of the sheep, rubbing the oil into its wool and especially around its nose, eyes, and ears.

Many a Christian has avoided ravenous wolves only to fall to the little things of life that irritate, frustrate, or cause infection. The little foxes spoil the vines, and it is often the “little things” that cause many Christians to lose heart, to get discouraged, or to get upset and offended at people. These little fleshly issues give birth to grudges, fights, and trouble within the church. Like sheep irritated & infected by tiny bugs, these little things are why so many Christians are irritated, unhappy, joyless, frustrated, and upset.

These little bugs ruin relationships. They kill marriages. They split churches. They destroy friendships.

What is the preventative cure? We need the Shepherd to anoint our heads with oil. The anointing oil is a picture of the Holy Spirit:
* ¥ …Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
We are to be filled with the Spirit. We are to walk in the Spirit. We are to be led by the Spirit. This is how we overcome the lust of the flesh:
* ¥ …Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
We need the fullness and the anointing of the Holy Spirit in our lives. The anointing of the Spirit is how the Shepherd protects me from those little things that would make me ineffective. This is also how God empowers me to be a fruitful, effective witness and worker for Jesus Christ.
The oil was also known in the Bible as the “oil of gladness” (Psalm 45:7). A Spirit-filled life is a joyful life. There is gladness and joy in the life of a Christian anointed with the oil of the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God does not produce gloominess, moodiness, depression, and grumpiness. He produces joy and gladness.
This oil was also perfumed. I imagine that sheep didn’t always smell like daisies on their own. An anointing of oil certainly might have made an improvement! Christians certainly don’t “smell” right when they are filled by the flesh, either. But there is a definitely pleasing aura about the Christian who is filled with the Spirit.
Are you filled with the Spirit? Have you ever surrendered to His will? Have you asked God to anoint you head with oil?
https://broraz.com/2012/04/17/article-t ... ng-of-oil/