“Ii” God is “I AM” ALL we NEED and Then Some

Monday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
shalom-dodi

“Ii” God is “I AM” ALL we NEED and Then Some

Post by shalom-dodi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:26 am

“Ii” God is “I AM” ALL we NEED
Good evening and welcome to the Monday Night Bible Study. Our format is welcome, song, prayer, lesson, and closing.
As always comments are encouraged.

Song: Be Not Afraid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmACSSntbo

Prayer: Father God thank you for this time you have given us to simply “be” with you. Bless each one here and those we love. Help all of us to set aside the cares of our lives and simply draw apart for this bit of time to be with you. We delight ourselves in sitting with one and another in Your Presence. Lord have your way…in Jesus name amen.

God is “I AM”. He is I AM Ex 3:14
I am His. Isa 43:1

He is “I AM”. Ex 3:14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘ I AM has sent me to you.’” God and Moses have been talking and Moses is feeling timid and has just asked God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ What should I tell them?”

We have to LOVE God’s reply. God simply said I am “I AM”.

This is one of my favorite names of God. First of all it THE name God gave himself.
Secondly it has such HUGE implication and application for us, just as it did for Moses and the Israelites.
In v. 15 we see that to be true. God even spelled it out that he is “I AM” for us. Look what God himself said in Ex. 3:15: God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

Think about it! “I AM” has such vast implications. God has ALWAYS been and God shall always “be”. Not only that the term “I AM” implies that God ALL we need. PAST. PRESENT. FUTURE.
What do you need? The “ I AMness” of God has it! What do you wish had never happened? Or wish had happened in your life? God, who is “I AM” has every ability to meet that need. Do you have a place in your past that seems or seemed like a place or time where God abandoned you? We can ask Him to show us the truth. I can guarantee you that “I AM” not only was there during that time (and now and any future time when we may wonder where he is) He remembers and protected you. “ I AM”, who is all we need is ALWAYS with us. It is just amazing. I don’t even have words to explain it. Let’s ask “I AM” to show each of us.
LORD God would you help each and every one of us have a richer understanding of what You meant and all that your being our “I AM” means? We ask in the name of Jesus expecting over the coming days or even in some future appointed time a revelation of your “I AM”ness in our lives. Thank you God amen

I am His isa 43:1 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
This is another favorite passages of mine. So much so that I have a song based on it printed and framed in my house. That is the song we listened to earlier.

Let’s see the “rest of the story”.
V. 2- 5
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you.

Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.

Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. All the nations gather together, and the peoples assemble.

Who among them can declare this, and show us the former things? Let them bring their witnesses to prove them right, and let them hear and say, It is true.

“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He.

Before Me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after Me.

I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.

I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and I am God.

6-13 I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”
Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes, who are deaf, yet have ears! Also henceforth I am he; there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?”

V 15-16 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King.” Thus says the LORD, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters,

V 18-21 “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches, for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my chosen people, the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.

V 25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.
Dodi Note: Are you “wowed” by this?
Look at it.
He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
ransom
He formed us. He redeemed us. God, Who is “I AM” calls us by NAME.
We are His. We BELONG to Him.
We are PRECIOUS in His eyes.
We are promised that the rivers of life will not overtake us and the fires of life will not consume us. Meaning those tough things we deal with on earth.
He is always WITH us. We are witnesses to that. Witnesses to His eternal goodness and care of us.
We are CHOSEN by GOD to know HIM!
We are called by His name and created for His glory.
We were formed to declare His praise.
And…
He BLOTS out our transgressions and REMEMBERS our sin NO MORE.
Are you like getting this?
For me these two passages pretty much sum life lived “in Christ” up.

Next couplet:
Jesus is The Image of God. Col 1:15
I am the aroma of Christ to God 2 Cor 2:15
And I am CREATED in God’s Image Gen 1:26

Jesus is The Image of God. Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. And v 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
Dodi Note: Jesus was there in the beginning. The gospel of John begins…in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God. He was in the beginning with Him. Without Him nothing was made which was made. (That is my own paraphrase but you can go look for yourself). Jesus, our Redeemer was the “Word” who was God and was with God from the beginning. And Paul describes him as “the image of the invisible God” who created ALL things. You and me included.

I am the aroma of Christ to God 2 Cor 2:15 For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, and v. 16a to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life.
Dodi Note: Now you know why some people get one look or “sniff” of you as a Born Again Child of God and hate you.

And we are CREATED in God’s Image Gen 1:26a Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And v 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Dodi Note: This also explains away the LBGT nonsense. Male and Female God created mankind. In His own image too.

He is Infinite Psalms 147:5 KJV
I receive more than all I ask or imagine Eph 3:20

He is Infinite Psalms 147:5 KJV Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
Dodi Note: God “gets it”. He knows us inside out. He understands why we think and do the foolish things we think and do. AND God, who has been with us from the beginning or actually before we were even born, also knows exactly what we need for healing. Especially of the wounds and hurts of our past.

I receive more than all I ask or imagine Eph 3:20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
Interestingly the verses just before this are speaking of Paul’s suffering for the glory of God. He says, For this reason (to bring the message of salvation to the gentiles) I bow my knees before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

God is our inheritance Eph 1:11
I am an heir of all things Gal 4:7

God is our inheritance Eph 1:11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,
Dodi Note: We can’t discuss predestination. Because I don’t fully understand exactly how it works. But each of us right here, right now reading this is doing exactly what God planned for us to tonight. And we ALL have an inheritance as children of God. Beloved children. Cherished children.

Therefore:
I am an heir of all things Gal 4:7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
Dodi Note: I love v 6. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”

Dodi Note: Somehow I marvel at the wonder of the LORD of the entire universe, inviting us to be his children. And not just children, beloved children. We can come near to God and feel safe as a small child would when running to their daddy. Abba is Aramaic for Daddy. It implies trust, closeness and unlimited access, acceptance, love and welcome.

God is our Instructor Ps 32:8
I am not lacking in wisdom Jam 1:5

God is our Instructor Ps 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
also verse on HS job John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. Also John 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
Dodi Note: God never finishes teaching us and showing us the way to live the life He has given us to live. And when it says, His eye is upon us, it means in a LOVING way. Not to punish us.

I am not lacking in wisdom Jam 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
Dodi Note: Wisdom is a gift, something that every single time we ask for it, for wisdom, God gives it to us. Generously and without reproach. We don’t have to earn it. It is given to us.

He is my intercessor Heb 7:25
I am prayed for John 17:20

He is my intercessor Heb 7:25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Dodi Note: Jesus

I am prayed for John 17:20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
Dodi Note: I love this prayer. This is really the prayer that should be labeled “The Lord’s Prayer”. For it is what Jesus prayed for his disciples AND all who would follow Him in the future. Which means…you and me.

But we are also instructed to call for the elders to pray for us at times. We see that in James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

And the HS intercedes for us. Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groaning too deep for words.

Now as we close…let’s read what all Jesus prayed for us. And we KNOW that God answers and hears and is doing this for us. OK?
John 17
“Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 2 since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

6 “I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. 8 For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. 9 I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them.

11 And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you.

Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.

12 While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

(This is us, guys! Jesus was personally praying for us)

22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

And that concludes tonight’s study. God bless each of you and those you love.