"Hh" God is our Helper, our Healer and Heaps more

Monday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
shalom-dodi

"Hh" God is our Helper, our Healer and Heaps more

Post by shalom-dodi » Wed May 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Song you are god alone in the good times and the bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xPzTSpbYmk
Song The LORD Is Building Jerusalem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__uPwjI87g

Jehovah Jireh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYlac9kB37k
Paul Wilbur He Binds the Broken Hearted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczj8qLn_vo
In His Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtcBURtm5Aw
I Will Change You Name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5OY1Co2uOE
Song you are my hiding place https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVC6rfX3Z8

Prayer: Lord here we are. First of all, I ask that you comfort those families for whom today brings memories of soldiers who have died or loved ones currently serving in the military. Then would you help us to step aside from the cares of life and simply rest with one another and You as we study your Word together? Have your way among us Lord and thank you for this time and these people and this place. In Jesus name amen.

Tonight we are on Hh in our couplets. We are using couplets from a book called Nuggets by Sylvia Gunter and then looking at the verses to see what the Holy Spirit may want to speak to our hearts. Each of us has places in our heart that need healing. We could have wounded places from things said or done unto us, but we can also have a hurting heart because of something we believe about God or ourselves. Things like, I am defective. Even God doesn’t like me. I am useless. Or whatever. But the truth is God LOVES us and has GOOD plans for our lives. Circumstances of life are not powerful enough or confining enough to rip up from the hand and love of God.
Let’s see.

Jesus is the head of the church Col 1:18
I am a member of his body 1 Cor 12:27

Jesus is the head of the church Col 1:18 Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything.
The verse just before that reminds us: He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. If God created the entire world (Universe actually) and He did. Then God has POWER to control that same Universe. In Genesis he delegated mankind to oversee the Earth. But God truly is the Creator of EVERY SINGLE THING and PERSON. If/when we look to Him for direction and provision….for all we need….we will find it. Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

The second part of this couplet has a great reminder.
I am a member of his body 1 Cor 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
This is a GREAT passage. We are going to look at it in detail.
1Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. 3Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.
4Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

Do you see the ultimate authority of God in what we just read? God gives to us “as He wills”. God, the Creator, made us different, as we will see in the following verses. Different does not mean some are better and some are less. It simply means “different”. Which makes life more interesting and colorful too.

One Body with Many Members
12For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
14For the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? 18But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. 19If all were a single member, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.

21The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
27Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

Each of us here and in our life out in the world is of great value and purpose. Designed by GOD for his glory but also to function in the gifts and abilities He has designed us to use. No one is better. He said we are ALL indispensable. Some of us may prepare and share but the quietest one who is simply listening, thinking and digesting whatever God has for them is equally indispensable.

He heals the brokenhearted Psalm 147:3
I am filled with joy John 17:13

He heals the brokenhearted Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Dodi Note: He really does heal our broken heart places. I had many broken places in my heart. Childhood wounds that impacted me as an adult and God used precious women of God to point me to the truth of Who He Is and begin the process of healing those wounds. There is a passage in Ezekiel 36 that says: Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your uncleanness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My ordinances and do them.
He takes our heart, broken, wounded, stony heart from us and he GIVES us a heart of “flesh” tender and open to the things of God but also to other people. It was one of the hardest times of my life but also the best.
It is God’s desire to touch, heal and restore the brokenhearted places in each of your hearts too. In part that is the core of every message I bring.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Dodi Note: This actually refers to when we are heart broken over our own sin. But I believe it includes the broken heart places that began when someone sinned against us. Much wounding happens in every life. Parents are themselves wounded and as humans we are all imperfect. Things happen. We then grow up and make sinful choices based on our wounded heart beliefs. But GOD is as I said the HEALER and His heart desire is to touch, heal and restore every single place our hearts have been wounded. Sometimes places we are unaware of.

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;

Dodi Note: To Bind Up is like when we get stitches to hold us together while healing takes places of a literal wound from the inside out right? And that would could be from an accident but it could also be from surgery. Sometimes when we decide to allow The Healer to have His way, because we want to be whole and to live life God’s way, it will hurt for a bit. But during that time, he will “bind” our wound (like stitches) so that we will not be destroyed. God is LOVE and ALL he does is done because of and from and within His love. Even sometimes a sort of “surgery” to point out and help us remove sin/idols.

Therefore the END RESULT :

I am filled with joy John 17:13 CEV I am on my way to you. But I say these things while I am still in the world, so my followers will have the same complete joy that I do.
John 15:11
I have told you these things so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.
John 16:33I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
Psalm 30:11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
Dodi Note: Don’t you love these visual images? Mourning into Dancing? Overcoming the world? JOY that is COMPLETE! Which means actually perfect.

He is my helper Deut 33:29
I am near to Jesus Eph 2:13

He is my helper Deut 33:29 Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD, the shield of your help, and the sword of your triumph! Your enemies shall come fawning to you, and you shall tread upon their backs.”
Psalm 118:7 The LORD is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
Dodi Note: I found it interesting that each time I saw the Lord as Helper, it included reference to our enemies. When troubles come, and people seem our enemy (remember we actually have only 1 enemy. Sometimes he uses people or situations in the battle.) God rises up to be our HELPER, our defender.

Therefore:
I am near to Jesus Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Ephesians 2:6
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
Heb 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Dodi Note: As I began looking up her verses, and Sylvia generally gives just one for each concept, my mind kept needing to look up others that God recalled for me. Look at these. We can with CONFIDENCE draw near to “the throne of grace” (JESUS Himself) and find MERCY and GRACE to help us in every time of need.
Guys, we do NOT need to even try to “get it right, or do life” on our own.
And the next couplet reinforces that:

He is my hiding place Psalms 32:7
My life is hidden with Christ in God Col 3:3

He is my hiding place Psalms 32:7 You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah
Dodi Note: You are My Hiding Place is one of my favorite songs. This week song after song popped into my mind, so at the end and in the forum I will post links to some of them.
God is not just our hiding place. Ever seen a picture of a child hiding in a closet or under the bed or a blanket? God also PRESERVES us from trouble AND surrounds us with SHOUTS of DELIVERANCE.
Do you remember the story in Joshua 6 where the Israelites simply marched around the enemy and shouted and the walls fell down and the enemy was destroyed?
Joshua 6:20 When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city.

My life is hidden with Christ in God Col 3:3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Hidden :) with Jesus in God. Like someone once took a tissue and wrote his or her name on a slip of paper and wrapped it in the tissue then put it inside the Bible. Hidden with Jesus, in God.

https://www.sermoncentral.com/church-me ... 975-detail

He is holy 1 Peter 1:16
I am called to a holy life 2 Tim 1:9

He is holy 1 Peter 1:16 15But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
I am called to a holy life 2 Tim 1:9 God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Let’s see in context:
8Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, 9who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began.
We are called to live a holy life, simply means to follow God’s design for life. But of course none of us can do that perfectly, that is why we NEED the Salvation of Jesus and the guidance on a moment-by-moment basis of the Holy Spirit.

God is holy. He is also our friend. He is also our Father, and much more. But none of those roles affect his holiness. And because God is holy, he cannot stand sin. In order to face the HOLYness of God without fear, we need to be born again and to as the previous couplet said..Hidden in Christ. I am going to share a simple presentation at the end where you can renew or refresh your memory about what it means to be saved and it is good to share with friends too.

God is the Holy Spirit 2 Cor 13:14
I abide in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit 2 Cor 13:14

God is the Holy Spirit 2 Cor 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
I abide in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit 2 Cor 13:14
Jude 1:21
Keep yourselves in the love of God as you await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you eternal life.

Jesus is our hope 1 Tim 1:1
My hope is fixed Rom 15:4, 13

Jesus is our hope 1 Tim 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope,
My hope is fixed Rom 15:4, 13
4For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, 6so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
13Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Heb 6:19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,
Dodi Note: I LOVE these verses about hope. Hope, as we understand it can be difficult especially when we are in a difficult season or we look at what is going on in the world around us. I often felt hopeless until the verse in Heb 8 became real. JESUS is HOPE. JESUS is an ANCHOR of HOPE for our soul.
An anchor holds a large ship steady and safe. Even in a storm. Jesus, if I can remember, is my and your ANCHOR and HOPE in every storm of life.
So when “things” are going on, I remember Jesus is always with me, right? And Jesus is HOPE. So I don’t have to manufacture hope, all I have to do is remember to be anchored in/with/through Jesus. My hope is that no matter what goes on, what people do or do not do, say or do not say, think or do not think, I have HOPE. The meaning of Hope for me and the hope I cling to is the absolute truth that Jesus will NEVER forsake or abandon me, but instead will walk WITH me all the days of my life.
Does that make sense?
And you know what he, has.

The next one makes me chuckle because guys, this is true for you as well.

He is my husband Isaiah 54:5
I have a new name Isaiah 62:2

He is my husband Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called.
Dodi Note: Love it :) men are brides of Christ too.

I have a new name Isaiah 62:2 The nations shall see your righteousness, and all the kings your glory, and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will give.
Rev 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it.’
We have a NEW NAME. Like the song says, we are no longer called, wounded, outcast, lonely or afraid. Our new name is confidence, joyfulness, overcoming one, Friend of God, One who seeks His face.

PEACE WITH GOD from Billy Graham https://peacewithgod.net