"Ee" God is El Shaddai ALL we need

Monday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
shalom-dodi

"Ee" God is El Shaddai ALL we need

Post by shalom-dodi » Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 am

Song: El Shaddai It is in Hebrew and in English. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clt8BoHb0JE
Everlasting God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2nz6PG8KM

Prayer: Father God thank you for this time we have to meet here with you and be with one another in fellowship. Bless eye and all the leaders and members here as you know what those particular needs are. Help us to gather up every concern, care, burden and set them at your feet while we sit at your same feet, or maybe better crawl up in your lap and learn about your Word. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Tonight we are talking about….drum roll… God. Surprise, right? We are using couplets by Slyvia Gunter as a starting point and tonight we are on Ee. I thought we might do Ff as well because she only had two for Ee…but….well we shall see. We will read the couplet then go back and ponder the verse related to it. Please share any thoughts the scripture brings to you.

He is El Shaddai all sufficient one Gen 17:1
My need is met by God Philippians 4:19

He is El Shaddai all sufficient one Gen 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am El-Shaddai--'God Almighty.' Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life.

Dodi Note: In context this is when God appeared to Abram and told him he was making a covenant with him. Part was the circumcision of all males but the best part was that Sarai was going to have a child. That child, the one Abram and Sarai would have in their old age, would be the covenant child. Actually in the lineage of Jesus Himself. God also changed Abram’s name at that time to Abraham, “Father of Many Nations” and Sarai to Sarah.

What does El Shaddai being “ALL” sufficient mean to you? Does it imply ANY area where God is not ABLE or enough to meet our needs?
I think ALL means all….every single thing we need.

My need is met by God. Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Dodi Note: The same God who was sufficient to cause a 90 year old woman and a 99 year old man to have a child, has said He is ABLE and WILL supply ALL our needs.
What do we need? Healing? Hope? Salvation? Companionship? It is found in relationship with God. A trust relationship. Knowing or learning that God is GOOD and has GOOD plans for our lives. Even when (sort of like Abraham and Sarah) that seems impossible.

Are you facing some giantly impossible situation in your life? Let’s pause and talk to Abba.
Father God here we are your children. Some of us are facing life threatening circumstances. Some of us have deep emotional needs. Some have physical need. All of us have a deep abiding need to be able to REST all that we are, all that we need on you. And you said, you ARE “All Sufficient”. Help us to trust you deeper. To remember to go to you first and to spend time simply enjoying your presence. Where we carry fear, would you help us remember who you? We thank you God that you DO love us and your grace is sufficient for us, no matter what. Just like it says in 2 Cor. 12:9. In Jesus name amen.

2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Dodi Note: This is Paul after telling us that 3 times he has asked God to remove his thorn. Scholars speculate what exactly that thorn was from pride to a physical need. Personally I think God left it intentionally unknown so that we could identify with the ability of God to sustain us no matter what sort of thorn we have. Because…God truly is El Shaddai. Right?

Jesus is exalted to the highest place Philippians 2:9-10
I have access to the Father Eph 2:18

Jesus is exalted to the highest place Philippians 2:9-10 9For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Dodi Note: Do you wonder for what reason? Let’s go see. This is a good passage to camp out in a bit.

Philippians 2 1So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

3Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
4Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

5Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

8And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

9Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Why did God exalt Jesus? BECAUSE Jesus obeyed God absolutely even to death upon a cross.
We are then given further instruction:

Lights in the World
12Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Dodi Note: This implies obey God and do what he says…not just when people are looking but ALL the time. Will we fail? Of course. When we do, we simply repent and begin again.

14Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.
Dodi Note: Back then it was not easy to follow Jesus. In modern times, in which we live it is not either. But that IS where LIFE is found. Paul was exhorting them to keep on keeping on. He is also exhorting us as well and we can because….

I have access to the Father Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father.
Dodi Note: And God by the Holy Spirit will teach us, guide us and enable us to live our lives in Him. Trusting Him, no matter what.

Next Couplet:
He is everlasting. Isaiah 40:28
I am eternally safe. Philippians 1:6

He is everlasting. Isaiah 40:28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.

Dodi Note: God is everlasting, eternal, forever. God created the earth and all else that exists. God does not get tired, and even better his UNDERSTANDING is unsearchable.

Think about it. God formed us in our mother’s womb. But even before that God ordained all the days of our life for us before even one of them came to be. We are enscribed on the very palm of His hand and kept as the apple of his eye. Do you think he cares about us? Intimately? Does he understand why we do the silly things we do? I believe he does. And that is why he loves us. When a small child is tired and cranky a good parent tends to the child’s true need. They do not discipline the child for being tired and cranky. (Well some parents do, but a wise loving parent would not). I believe God is the same with our pecularities or even our tantrums. He knows what wounded us. He knows what areas of our heart, mind, soul, body need healing. So he acts vs reacts when we have a melt down or even make a very poor choice.

Formed us in the womb: Jer. 1:5a "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
All days ordained for me: Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Engraved us in the palm of His hand: Isaiah 49:16
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.
Holds us as the “apple of his eye”. That phrase refers to being very close to someone and being so close you can see your reflection in the pupil of their eye. WoW! Right? God is really up close, personal and hence available to us.
Psalm 17:8 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Deuteronomy 32:10
"He found him in a desert land, And in the howling waste of a wilderness; He encircled him, He cared for him, He guarded him as the pupil of His eye.
And just because I love it: Psalm 36:7
How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.

I am eternally safe. Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
And besides that there are other reasons our Salvation is secure. They are, according to http://blog.biblesforamerica.org/eterna ... ty-verses/
1. Salvation was initiated by God
“You did not choose Me, but I chose you.”—John 15:16
Ephesians 1:4-5 tell us that God chose us before we were born, even before the universe was created. Then, when the time was right for us to be saved, He called us. Would God choose us so long ago, send His Son to die for us, wait for us to be born and then call and save us, only to abandon us after we’re finally saved? No, God would not.

2. God’s love and grace are eternal
“I have loved you with an eternal love.”—Jeremiah 31:3
God’s love and grace toward us isn’t because of what we do. And according to 2 Timothy 1:9, God didn’t save us according to our works but according to His grace, which was given to us in Christ long before the world began. Romans 8:35-39 tells us that nothing—not sin, not failure, not weakness, not anything—can separate us from the eternal love of God.

3. God is righteous
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”—1 John 1:9
While God’s love motivated Him to save us, it’s not the base of His salvation. God’s righteousness is the base of His salvation. Many sinners fear God’s righteousness and associate it with His wrath. And God’s righteousness is indeed a fearful thing; because God is righteous, He cannot tolerate or overlook sin.
But we must understand something more about God’s righteousness in relation to salvation.
Romans 6:23 tells us that the wages of sin is death. Because of this, in a righteous or legal sense, the righteous God must judge us with eternal death.
But the Lord Jesus took our place and bore the judgment of death for us. And because God accepted Christ’s sacrifice, the penalty is paid. That judgment can no longer be upon us, because God is righteous. A righteous judge can never require a debt to be paid twice. God is bound by His righteousness to honor the price Christ paid for us.
How binding is God’s righteousness? Psalms 89:14 tells us that righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. If God wants His throne to stand, He must act in accordance with His righteousness. Since God has accepted the death of Christ as the payment for our debt of sins, His righteousness won’t allow Him to demand payment from us.
Because our salvation is secured by the righteousness of God, He cannot take His salvation from us. Praise Him for His righteousness!

4. We have become God’s children
“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name, who were begotten…of God.”—John 1:12-13
When we believed into the Lord’s name, we were saved from eternal perdition and received the Lord as our Savior. Moreover, we were begotten of God. This is something that can’t be undone. Our Father God cannot take back His eternal life from us once we’re born of Him, any more than a human father can take back the life he’s passed on to his child.
Like most children, we may be weak, fail, or need discipline. We also sin, just as our children misbehave. But we cannot say that their misbehaving makes them no longer our children. Our sinning cannot undo the fact that we are children of God. No matter what, we will always be God’s children, born of God’s life.

5. God is strong
“And I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.”—John 10:28
All kinds of things try to snatch us from the Father’s hand—sin, the world, difficulties, even Satan himself. But it is impossible for us to be snatched away. No one and nothing is stronger than God. Even if we try to remove ourselves from His hands, He will never let us go.

6. God never changes
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever.”—Hebrews 13:8
Everything changes—people, circumstances, governments, the weather. Even our own emotions change constantly; we can be up one minute and down the next. If our salvation was based on our feelings, we would have lost it long ago. But God never changes. Therefore, the salvation we received from Him never changes.

7. Christ has promised
“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and him who comes to Me I shall by no means cast out.”—John 6:37
What a precious, unconditional promise from our Savior! We can fully trust in Him and His eternal salvation.
We at Bibles for America pray for all believers to have a solid foundation in the Word of God. Our Christian life should not be lived in fear and doubt, but in the life and enjoyment of our Savior God. Our salvation is eternally secure, and we can know because the Bible tells us so.

If you want to read more, there are two free PDF books here. One is by Watchman Nee (I have read some of his stuff and love it). The other is by Witness Lee, who is a Chinese believer from the early 1900s. http://biblesforamerica.org/books/

Father God, thank your for this time. Would you plant the truth we have discussed firmly in our hearts? Help us to remember to drawn near to you in the coming days whenever and whatever our needs are. We bless you and we thank you for loving us and sending your Son, Jesus. amen

Book/Study The Mind of Christ