"Cc" Comforting Counselor +

Monday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
shalom-dodi

"Cc" Comforting Counselor +

Post by shalom-dodi » Tue May 01, 2018 2:06 am

Tonight we are going to discuss ABC’s Couplets…God is…..therefore we…..
The first one is GREAT. Something we ALL need. Maybe we even need him right now in this way.
But first let me share something I wrote a long time ago. It is called “The Blanket”. i wrote it a long time ago. But I never forgot the message in it. When you hear it/read it, you will see one reason I love the different Names and/or characteristics of God so much.
God truly is ALL we need, past-present-future.
The Blanket

by Joan Ray
The Blanket

Jesus is standing there.
He is big---real big,
But gentle big.
He is wrapped in light.
He IS light but with form.
You know it is Jesus.

He is holding a --not a robe--not a blanket--not a banner,
but like that.
On this are written all the names of God.
But you can't really see them.
You just know they are there.
They are woven onto the very fabric of this thing.
It's soft, beautiful, shimmery, soft, thick but at the same time light.

When you come to him,
He wraps it around you.
He is there too, somehow, with you.

He knows
He knows
He knows
Exactly which name (attribute, quality, character) of God,
That your exactly need.
Right then.
Right at that moment.
You don't (really know what your need)but you may think you do.

He does because he can read, and feel your heart.
He knows.
He knows.
He knows.
Every,

Every,
Every,
Thing about you.
So he knows EXACTLY what you need.
Somehow that name of God comes to the forefront of that covering.
It is manifest, at that time.
If you relax there--in there--and let him have his way,
It will permeate and penetrate your very being.

All that time, you are in---within-wrapped in---
His love.
Receiving from him all that he is,
And yet at the same time exactly what you need right then.

This place is just so comforting and so safe.
While you are there time does not exist. It is possible to live life from
within this shelter.
For that time, during that time, for however long that time is--ALL that you
are aware of is HIM.
5-20-07
joan
Ok now on to our coplets:

He is the Comforter (Isa. 51:12)
I am encouraged (2Thess 2:16-17

He is the Comforter Isa. 51:12 “I, I am he who comforts you;
    who are you that you are afraid of man who dies,
    of the son of man who is made like grass,
Dodi Note: Sometimes life is pure hard. People die. Bad things happen to us or those we love. But God has promised that he is our Comforter.
There are several other verses I would like to add.
Ruth 2:13 Then she said, “I have found favor in your eyes, my lord, for you have comforted me and spoken kindly to your servant, though I am not one of your servants.”
At that time, Ruth was not one of God’s people and yet, he came and comforted her. And provided for her too later on.
Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 119:76 Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant.
Isaiah 40:1 Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.
isaiah 66:13 As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
Isaiah 61:2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
2 Cor 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
That is a GREAT one. As we have been comforted by God, so also are we to go and share that same comfort with those whom He sends our way.
Then because we ARE given God’s comfort in times of need….

I am encouraged 2Thess 2:16-17
16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
Dodi Note: In many verses there is a purpose that extends forward…we are encouraged..our hearts are made stronger in order that we can arise from our distress and go forward to do the good works God has prepared in advance for us to walk in.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which he has prepared ahead of time for us to walk in.

Next couplet:

He is Compassionate Psalm 145:8
I have received the riches of his grace Eph. 1:7-8

He is Compassionate Psalm 145:8 The Lord is gracious and merciful,
    slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
Dodi Note: this exact phrase is written in 4 different places. Psalm 103:8 Psalm 145:8 Joel 2:13 Jonah 4:2
The LORD is gracious and merciful…the LORD is slow to anger and abounding in STEADFAST love.
That is sure good to remember, isnt it?

Therefore:

I have received the riches of his grace Eph. 1:7-8
 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight

Let’s look at v 3-14 because the context there is so rich.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Do you find that both amazing and comforting and conforting? I do.

V 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,

We ARE blessed already with EVERY spiritual blessing, therefore we bless God and thank him

v 4-5 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

We ARE chosen in Him, we were chosen in Him BEFORE the FOUNDATION of the world…. and why besides the fact he loves us and wanted us…so that we should be holy and blamess before him BECAUSE he predestined us for ADOPTION as his very own children.
Goodness and hard to live up to, if we can even begin to wrap ourselves around the security of that.

v 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight

Do you see it? His own glorious grace is what He has blessed us with in (and also as) the Beloved. Jesus is The Beloved, but we are His beloved ones. And in v 7 we are reminded we HAVE redemption through His blood for the forgiveness of our sin.

v 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Making KNOWN to us via the Bible, the mystery of His will and His purpose which is and was and forever shall be the plan for the fullness of time to be UNITED with/in him.
v 11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.

Notice, we HAVE obtained as our inheritance, to be in His will, to rest in the counsel of His will for his glory. We were in a sense created by God for his glory, And you know what? That includes ALL who choose to receive Him. Including any defects or handicaps we have. Even the little child who was born with or suffered some brain damage at birth is included as one who will/can bring glory to God. Look at Joni Erickson Tada’s life if you think whatever your handicap is excludes you.
The only criteria is to set our hope in Messiah.

v 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Look at that. When we heard and received, this sort of heard means received, the Truth, aka Jesus we were SEALED with promised Holy Spirit, who is the GUARANTEE of our security in Jesus.
Wow….just wow.
It is so funny that when I start to work on these studies, I only know the couplets and when I begin to look into the scripture It’s like God just takes me on a discovery adventure which I can come share with you all. I love it and am very grateful to Abba.

Next couplet:

He is conquering Rev 6:2
I am more than a conqueror Rom 8:37

He is conquering Rev 6:2
2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.
Dodi Note: This is at the end of time. Jesus is the Rider.

Therefore:
I am more than a conqueror. Rom 8:37 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Dodi Note: In what things? 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Dodi Note: Do you see it? Does your heart “get it”?
God is FOR US. Who can be against us? “They” can try. It wont succeed in the end.
Who can bring any charges against us?
GOD Himself JUSTIFIES us.
Who can condenm us? Jesus is interceeding FOR us.
WHAT or WHO can SEPARATE you or me from the LOVE of GOD?
NOTHING can, not tribulation, or distress or persecution or famine, or nakedness (physical needs), or danger, or sword. Even if we die, or when we die, we ARE STILL conqueors and we know our ending.
Not life, or death, or angels or rulers, nothing now or in the future, NOTHING at all can separated us from the LOVE of GOD in Christ Jesus.
So when life is hard, we dont feel good, we are in need or people are so mean to us… when we remember WHO ALWAYS loves us unconditionally…well it just helps a lot, doesnt it?

Next Couplet: This one a little less fun. It is the one I chose the song based on.

God is a consuming fire.Heb 12:29
I am refined by fire 1 Pet 1:6-7

God is a consuming fire Heb 12:29 for our God is a consuming fire.

I am refined by fire, 1 Pet 1:6-7 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Dodi Note: Makes me wonder what “in this” meant so of course I looked: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Oh GOT it… we have an inhertance as sons and daughters, that is IMPERISHABLE, UNDEFILED and UNFADING kept for us because we are being guarded.
One awesome day I had a revelation. All the bad things that had happened to me, did not kill me. I was alive. God kept me alive until the day of salvation and not only that, he taught me things that others need to hear. No matter what has happened or happens to us, we are (our spirit our heart the essence of “me”) SAFE eternally. Even when we dont feel safe. Even when our heart is breaking. No matter what.

He is counsel and sound judgment Pro 8:14
I am always in his thoughts Isa 49:15

He is counsel and sound judgment Pro 8:14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
    I have insight, I have power.

Dodi Note: I have counsel and sound wisdom;
    I have insight; I have strength.
we all have the Holy Spirit if we are born again, remember? We just read that we are SEALED? So we all have insight and strength

I am always in his thoughts Isa 49:15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
    that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
    yet I will not forget you.
Dodi Note: Don’t you love this promise? God will NEVER forget us and in fact is always thinking of us.

He is Creator Ecc 12:1 Gen 1:1
I am His handiwork Eph 2:10

He is Creator Ecc 12:1  Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, “I have no pleasure in them”;
Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen. 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Dodi Note: God created us by design. Why? It is what he does. God creates. And we being humans were created in God’s own image too.

Therefore:
I am His handiwork Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Dodi Note: Created, ALL of us..rich and poor from the least to the greates we are created by God in Jesus for GOOD WORKS which God has prepared for us to walk in. Good works are not always huge things in the eyes of the world. None of us is a Billy Graham, but where we live, whereever we go, there are GOOD WORKS prepared in ADVANCE for us to walk in.

He was crucified Acts 2:36
I am crucified with Christ Gal 2:20

He was crucified Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

I am crucified with Christ Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Dodi Note: We can choose afresh tonight to receive these truths and to walk in them. We can choose to live the life God has given us to live, accepting the difficult with the easy. It is a choice.
Let’s pray:
Father God thank you for this time together. Help us to heart-remember what we considered from your Word. God sometimes, actually quite often we simply don’t understand why…why this happened…why that happened… why we are the way we are, but we can choose afresh tonight to take you at your word. We ARE loved, we are YOUR beloved children and you are our GOOD Father and have good plans and purpose for our lives. Not when things are better but right NOW. So God help each of us to live the life you have given us for your glory. Help us to trust, lean and rely on you. Especially during those hard moments. We ask in Jesus name amen.