Joyful's Ponderings

Feel free to view , comment or ask a question on anyone of the posts in this thread.
Joyful

Re: Joyful's Ponderings

Post by Joyful » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:44 am

There is so many things that can cause us to be anxious and cause us to fear . But we need to bring all our concerns to God.
So that we will not be stressed out but believing that God is in control makes the difference.
What causes you to fear today?
It can be a physical need, Financial, emotional , relational or many other things but bring it to the Lord in Prayer today.
If you need prayer please send me a message here and I will pray for you. God bless you
Psalm 34:4, “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.” Isn’t that a great promise?
l

Joyful

Re: Joyful's Ponderings

Post by Joyful » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm

I think most of us would say that sometime in our lives and in our Christian walk someone has said our done something to offend us. But how we react to an offense is very important in our Christian walk.
The bible has a lot to say on this topic.

I read this devotional today by Sylvia Gunter . I think she give some great thoughts and scripture on this topic, so I wanted to share. I hope it encourages and helps someone who reads this. God Bless

Overlook An Offense
Offense is the act of provoking, annoying, irritating, or causing pain or injury. It is also the feeling of reaction the offense produces, for example, indignation, resentment, or anger, which can lead to breach in a relationship.
When someone sins against us, our flesh rises up and demands retribution. Offense is a hurt held onto. But the way of grace must watch over our hearts and guard our mouths and release the offender.
The writer of Proverbs urges us to respond to offenses by giving evidence of the grace of God. Read these pairs of statements from a very wise man, and ask God to reveal how you responded the last time you were offended.
Francis Frangipane has written the all-time classic message on keeping a unoffendable heart. You may view it on his website www.frangipane.org
A man’s wisdom gives him patience;
It is to his glory to overlook an offense (Prov 19:11).
Patience is wisdom, and wisdom lets an offense pass by without responding sinfully. Love keeps no record of wrongs suffered.
Better a patient man than a warrior,
a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city (Prov 16:32).
It is better to be patient than warlike or contentious. A Spirit-controlled response wins more battles than a warrior.
An offended brother is more unyielding than a fortified city,
And disputes are like the barred gates of a citadel (Prov 18:19).
An estranged relationship is hard to win back. Contention separates people into opposing sides. Jesus died to break down the dividing walls.
A gentle answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger (Prov 15:1).
A sharp reply of the flesh adds fuel to the fire. Confront anger in the opposite spirit, with grace and gentleness. Humility that comes from wisdom establishes peace by not replying in kind.
Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam;
So drop the matter before a dispute breaks out (Prov 17:14).
When the floodgate is opened by quarreling, past baggage and conflict can disastrously flood a relationship. Take disagreements through the filter of the grace of Jesus.
He who guards his mouth and his tongue
Keeps himself from calamity (Prov 21:23).

When our unguarded mouth gives vent to our own unhealed heart, we unleash words that are sure to hurt deeply.
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man,
Do not associate with one easily angered,
Or you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared (Prov 22:24-25).
Don’t take personally the anger of angry people, or you will find yourself reacting to them in the same destructive way.
If a ruler’s anger rises against you, do not leave your post;
Calmness can lay great errors [offenses] to rest (Eccl 10:4).
A quiet spirit will overcome great anger and turn aside estrangement caused by the hurtful actions of others.
“Let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle (offense or occasion to fall) in your brother’s way” (Rom 14:13). Identify the redemptive purpose of Jesus in each situation and relationship.
Our motivation or justification is not in the behavior of another person but in the great forgiveness of Jesus. We overlook offenses because Jesus took our offenses and bore them to His cross. “He was delivered over to death for our sins (offenses)” (Rom 4:25). Those who have been forgiven much will forgive much. . Find the archive of past devotionals. Type in the word Unoffendable in the box. You will be able to view part 1 and part 2 of this timely and timeless message.
Taken from Prayer Essentials For Living In His Presence, Vol 1, p. 188-89 © 2009 by Sylvia Gunter.