Joyful's Ponderings

Feel free to view , comment or ask a question on anyone of the posts in this thread.
Joyful

Re: Joyful's Ponderings

Post by Joyful » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm

I read this in a devotional today and it just caught my attention. I know what it is to stand on God's word and wait for him to bring the answer.
To stand and believe even though the enemy comes against us. God will be faithful. To do this takes courage, patience and determination in God's word to us.
It means you will not give up or give in to the tactics of the enemy but trust in God.
You may be in a situation today and do not know what to do. I encourage you to stand firm. Don't give the enemy any ground.But believe God will come through for you.
God bless you has you read this and have faith in God for the answer.

"Just Stand"

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:13

Some times the only course of action you can take is to "just stand". When you have said all that can be said, when you have done all that you can do, when you have prayed all you know to pray, when you have fasted, when you have bound and loosened every thing that you are aware of, then you have reached the place where you have to "just stand".

At that point all you can do is just stand- stand on God's faithfulness, stand on His promises. When we know He has truly spoken to us, but we don't see any evidence or hope of the fulfillment of His word, we have to just stand. God is faithful. He is not a man that He should lie. He remains faithful even when we aren't. His word will not pass away. It will not return to Him empty. It will accomplish what He sends it to do.

Have you reached that place? There seems to be nothing else you can do? Then "just stand". Stand in faith on God's promises. Rest in Him. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.

Have a great day. When you have done all you can do, then "just stand".

LEM
CR Member
CR Member

Post by LEM » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you for posting this.
".. these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: ... for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:1-2

Songbird81
CR Member
CR Member

Post by Songbird81 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 am

Thank-you for sharing Joyful, I needed this today.

I love you sister.

Songbird81

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:09 pm

2 Chronicles 29:36 )
36 And Hezekiah rejoiced, and all the people, that God had prepared the people: for the thing was done suddenly.
The Lord can change us circumstances in a moment of time
But God will shoot an unexpected arrow at them; and suddenly shall they be wounded. (Psalm 64:7)
The enemies that come against us can be stopped suddenly.
Acts 12:7 (NIV)
7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.
God can deliver us suddenly when all looks hopeless.
11 While Zechariah 11 While Zechariah was in the sanctuary, an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the incense altar. 12 Zechariah was shaken and overwhelmed with fear when he saw him. 13 But the angel said, “Don’t be afraid, Zechariah! God has heard your prayer. Your wife, Elizabeth, will give you a son, and you are to name him John.

Elizabeth and Zacharias were well stricken in years and she was barren when “suddenly” an angel appeared saying that they would have a son .
. When God moves suddenly it can bring blessings we never dreamed of..

Always keep your faith because suddenly your circumstances can change. It can change SUDDENLY! God’s timing will be perfect.

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:54 am

Thank you for that beautiful prayer and God bless you, Joyful! We all go through trials and tribulations to make us stronger, to grow our character, to mold us and make us into the image of Jesus and to help us depend on our God! He cares about every situation in our lives! He knows all our situations and He provides protection and a way out from every temptation we face! He is in control and has a great plan for each one of us and in Him ONLY can we find love, peace, joy, contentment and freedom from all our bondages and addictions! Trust in Him today and He will never let you down! He came to give us life and give it to us more abundantly! What a great God we serve! Praise His holy name!!

Please forgive me for accidentally deleting Joyful's beautiful prayer for all of you! I am so very sorry! I was going to reply to her post, but obviously, I did not know what I was doing! :bhg

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
This scriptures tells us to keep going in hard circumstances Because God does not give up on us. God says we will soar!

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Wed May 09, 2018 12:56 pm

I would like to share a few thoughts on this scripture that really stands out to me.

2 Samuel 7:18
Then went in King David and sat before the lord.
In this scriptures it reminds us how important it is for each of us to spend time in prayer sitting before the lord.
You may have some dreams for your life, some plans but I ask you a question. Have you sat before the lord, have you inquired of the lord?
If we want to know if this is God's plan for our life the best place to start is to sit at his feet.
One thing I have learned is if I need direction for my life or have a situation that I don't know what to do the best place to start is to come before God and inquire of Him.
Lets look at what God says about David's idea. When we sit at the feet of Jesus its good to know he is listening and that he can give us clear direction.
We are living in busy times and so many things take our attention which is causing us to miss out on seeking God for His direction in our lives.
When David sits before the Lord he recognizes it is God that has made him King.
David is humbled because God saw in him potential his own family did not see.
Everything that has happened in David's life is because of the hand of God upon him.
God is still looking for humble people and place them where he wants them to be.
david was amazed at what God could do in his life.
God has a purpose for your life . Seek him and find out His plans for your life. it will be an exciting journey!

THE HOUSE OF THE POTTER

Lord take me again to the house of the potter.
Mold me and make me and shape me I pray.
Jesus remove every flaw from this vessel.
And make me a vessel of honour today.

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Come Follow Me
Matthew 4:18-22 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
So the first thing we recognize when we follow Jesus is that God’s road is different than that of the world.
For we are told we cannot follow two masters. WE may actually loose or hold loosely to some things here if we are to follow Jesus.
1 John 2:15-17 15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
We cannot love the things of the world and God at the same time (1 John 2:15). If you have been on this road for any length of time at all you have seen this truly is a requirement to follow Jesus.
We must be willing to deny self, take up our cross, and follow him.
It means we are willing to follow Jesus and allow him to be in control of our lives.
Luke 9:57
57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
IN these scriptures Jesus was looking for disciples to follow him. Sometimes you can start out with a crowd following Jesus has we see here but when they realized the cost of being a disciple they turned away.
Paul made it clear the road was not easy but he had made up his mind to follow Jesus.
In (Acts 21:14) we read
Then Paul answered, why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
As we look into our text in Matt we see when he called them there was no delay .
They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men.
There can be persecution, ridicule from others AND a cross to bear.
But we will have to see beyond the temporal We Have to see beyond the now and catch the eternal view knowing it will be worth it all!

To be continued!

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:22 pm

When you follow Jesus you You have to love souls has Jesus did. You have to be ready to touch lives knowing what you can share with them can change their lives. It can bring them into the true meaning of life. Isn’t that motive enough?
Follow me The very moment that Jesus asked these people to follow him there was a CHANGE IN THEIR LIVES. There was a challenge given to them to touch people with the gospel and to see people’s lives changed. The call to follow Jesus seems to be a commitment.
It doesn’t seem to say get saved and that’s it but follow me. See my passion . See the need.
We live in a society where the focus seems to be on oneself and what I want to Do.
But now Jesus is saying follow me and I have a cause greater than anything this world could offer.
When you look around you will see people that are bound, addicted, hurting, confused and many more things but we must reach out to them knowing for these people Jesus died for. These are the ones Jesus came to seek and to save.

And the good news is we don’t have to do anything in our own strength but in Christ I will find my strength , my abilities and my gifting to do what he ask me to do. I like it that there is divine enablement to carry out God’s work.
Our prayer has to be what can You do through me Jesus. I have accepted your call to follow you. I want to touch people with the gospel.
Jesus said to the early disciples follow me and i will make you fishers of men. JESUS the son of GOD CAME TO these fisherman with an invitation that would change their lives for ever.
Matthew 4:18-22 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

Our prayer has to be what can You do through me Jesus. I have accepted your call to follow you. I want to touch people with the gospel.
Jesus said to the early disciples follow me and i will make you fishers of men.
Jesus word is is still the same today, follow me and I will make you a fisher of men.

Following him will mean letting down the nets until we have bought people into a personal relationship with Jesus.
There is a cost in following Jesus and its time we move with a purpose and a vision to reach out to the lost.

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 pm

This was sent to my e mail. I thought it very interesting so I wanted to share:
THE RESUME OF JESUS CHRIST

Address: Ephesians 1:20

Phone: Romans 10:13

Website: The Bible. Keywords: Christ, Lord, Savior and Jesus

Hello. My name is Jesus -The Christ. Many call me Lord! I've sent you my resume because I'm seeking the top management position in your heart. Please consider my accomplishments as set forth in my resume.

Qualifications

* I founded the earth and established the heavens, (See Proverbs 3:19)

* I formed man from the dust of the ground, (See Genesis 2:7)

* I breathed into man the breath of life, (See Genesis 2:7)

* I redeemed man from the curse of the law, (See Galatians 3:13)

* The blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant comes upon your life through me, (See Galatians 3:14)

Occupational Background

* I've only had one employer, (See Luke 2:49).

* I've never been tardy, absent, disobedient, slothful or disrespectful.

* My employer has nothing but rave reviews for me, (See Matthew 3:15-17)

Skills Work Experiences

* Some of my skills and work experiences include: empowering the poor to be poor no more, healing the brokenhearted, setting the captives free, healing the sick, restoring sight to the blind and setting at liberty them that are bruised, (See Luke 4:18).

* I am a Wonderful Counselor, (See Isaiah 9:6). People who listen to me shall dwell safely and shall not fear evil, (See Proverbs 1:33).

* Most importantly, I have the authority, ability and power to cleanse you of your sins, (See I John 1:7-9)

Educational Background

* I encompass the entire breadth and length of knowledge, wisdom and understanding, (See Proverbs 2:6).

* In me are hid all of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, (See Colossians 2:3).

* My Word is so powerful; it has been described as being a lamp unto your feet and a lamp unto your path, (See Psalms 119:105).

* I can even tell you all of the secrets of your heart, (See Psalms 44:21).

Major Accomplishments

* I was an active participant in the greatest Summit Meeting of all times, (See Genesis 1:26).

* I laid down my life so that you may live, (See II Corinthians 5:15).

* I defeated the archenemy of God and mankind and made a show of them openly, (See Colossians 2:15).

* I've miraculously fed the poor, healed the sick and raised the dead!

* There are many more major accomplishments, too many to mention here. You can read them on my website, which is located at: www dot - the BIBLE. You don't need an Internet connection or computer to access my website.

References

* Believers and followers worldwide will testify to my divine healings, salvation, deliverance, miracles, restoration and supernatural guidance

In Summation

Now that you've read my resume, I'm confident that I'm the only candidate uniquely qualified to fill this vital position in your heart. In summation, I will properly direct your paths, (See Proverbs 3:5-6), and lead you into everlasting life, (See John 6:47). When can I start? Time is of the essence, (See Hebrews 3:15).

Send this resume to everyone you know,! you never know who may have an opening! Thanks for your help and may God bless you!

-- Author Unknown