People with Disabilities

Songbird81
CR Member
CR Member

Re: People with Disabilities

Post by Songbird81 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:58 pm

AMEN Sunsets, same here

I have autism, ADHD, cognitive disorder, ODD, argumentative impulsive disorder, Panic disorder and possible torrettes though never diagnosed since it did not run in my family the dr said, to name just a few. But God is so good, HE uses us in our weaknesses, just like my old blog post I posted here says. Holy Spirit led post. I am strong when I am weak, and Nothing has ever stopped me from doing as God has called me to do. I even graduated from college on the Deans list! I got my drivers license and learned how to budget my own money, I am definitely a success story!

The one we serve is mighty, how I love Daddy God, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit, without them I would be nowhere fast. Through HIM I am more than an overcomer!

wrpspdjr

Post by wrpspdjr » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:17 pm

My Name Is Jason Young I Was Born With Water On My Brain Have A Seizure Disorder And Depending On The Task Given Me I Have A Delay Issue I Was Asked To Teach Others How To Advocate For Them Selfs And My Partner At The Time Who I Was Working With Was In A Wheel Chair And Every Time I Would Teach A Class I Would Tell The Class That Just Because You Have Been Labeled With A Disability You Are Someone That Is No Different Than Anyone Else In The World You Just Have To Adapt To Your Situation Or Task Ahead Of You If Someone Tells You They Want A Task Done A Certain Way Try It Their Way But What Makes Everyone Unique In The Eyes Of The Lord Is The Way They Do Things In Life Because If One Way Of Doing A Task That Works For One Person May Not Work For Another Person

plover
CR Member
CR Member

Post by plover » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 pm

I'm new to this forum. It's very cool that this thread is here for extra support and understanding. I had to go on SSDI in 2011 after working 15 years for the same company. Losing the ability to work at a young age (I was 31 years old) was hard to come to terms with. It was even harder to convince Social Security that I was truly disabled by their definition of it.
God has helped me get through the financial stress of losing my regular income and to adapt to the benefits I receive from Social Security.

It's society that makes things hard. People look at others on the outside and think "you look capable of working." They cannot see the painful joints and muscles in my spine. They cannot see my hearing loss and vertigo.

I'm glad this thread is here even though it hasn't been active recently.

shalom-dodi

Post by shalom-dodi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:13 am

It is hard, Plover.
My friend's son got some illness about the same age and it was an adjustment for sure.
People do not understand until, they do and often that takes a crisis.

child_of_light
CR Member
CR Member

Post by child_of_light » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 am

hi all
i glad this is here too i in about 2003 lost my kids was told i was mentally unstable my life was falling apartat the time i truly did not understand i had been abused all my life and that was why i was having all the mental stuff going on then few years later iwas DXed with fibro , CFS, and daibetic and asthma then after that they added nerapathy onto that due to the daibetic they did not offer much hopeat all as all the stuff they really not sure how to treat so i now live on ssi people look at me they can not see the pain i am in at all i hide it behind asmile on my face most the time i know i talk a lot online about all this mostly due to i say nothing offline about it growup being told put on abrave face brare it ect so i hide it a lot of the time from them around me my birth family very mean to me about being disablied callme a goverment freeloader ect i live on ssi and get HUD that help with my rent feel blessed to be free from living close to my family it not easy most the time i get by it nice to have others who truly understand about the disablitys and pain i here for others too God love us all He always with us He always Faithful too:)

plover
CR Member
CR Member

Post by plover » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Thank you for sharing, Lily. My health conditions are both physical and mental. I have something that few people have heard of: Menieres Disease. Basically, fluid in my ears doesn't drain properly and it builds up. This causes me to have vertigo and dizziness. I frequently fall down without warning because I get dizzy. I have pain in my ears and a ringing/buzzing.

I have spinal stenosis and two mild herniated discs (one in neck and one in lower back). It's not severe enough to require surgery, but it causes pain on an ongoing basis if I walk/move around too much. My mobility is limited.

I have social phobia issues with a fear of talking on a telephone or using a microphone. I fear talking out loud to people! So I spend most of my social life online using text, emails, etc.

child_of_light
CR Member
CR Member

Post by child_of_light » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:39 am

((((((((((((((((((((((((((plover))))))))))))))))))))))))))
thank you for sharing thank to God my fearsgetting less i use to fear talking on phonea lot better nowi am starting to be able to talk on mic too it about overcoming my fears God helping me do that it not easy as i heal i finding i getting bolder again i for a few years as a young child stopped talking they never know why i never got any help at that time either many beatings ect my family did not believe in getting help for mental things so never got any help until after i lost my kids in my 30's then they found i had a few mental things going on and other things too like you mine is both too i get dizzy at times they not fully know why so i fall too but it could be related to my CFS fibro nerapthy or sentory ataxia or even the daibetic or asthma they said a lot of the times my legs not want to work i get furated about that asi want to keep moving stay active as i can i over do it a lot then pay for it too being in pain 24/7 hard but Godmy strenth and He is how i overcome everything in my life too He is faithful always keep going never give up :) Jesus love you

plover
CR Member
CR Member

Post by plover » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Thank you, Lily! It helps having others to share with. I know that others suffer more than I do. My problems are quite minimal by comparison. But I suffer nonetheless. My hurts to me are significant. We often hear people say "Get over it." I am glad that you are making progress and improving. I think that through this site, and CR steps, I will see improvement in my overall attitude about life. I am at a point right now that my trust in God isn't as strong as for most people here. I work on this everyday. I just go through so many ups and downs with my mood!

child_of_light
CR Member
CR Member

Post by child_of_light » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:14 am

your very welcome plover i go through a lot of up and down with my mood too at times my bipolar can be very bad i get a lot of mixed moods seem moody adding right now that i learning to feel my emotions not numb them like i done most my life as that was how i was raised to numb emotions to not have them never show them stuff them deep down i really stuggling with allowing myself to have the emotions to feel them to allow them to just be for me this is hard work to not numb to not turn on myself too my trust in God is most the time good i have a hard time trusting other people but someone said that a lack of trust in God too as i need to trust God eough to trust them He send me too as He been putting others in my life to help me too so yes trust is hard at times my faith can be strong at times other times not as strong depends too i think we all like that too i work on my relationship with God each day devotions and prayer fellowship with other believers too CRsteps is helping the bible studies is helping too even just chatting at times is helping too my big thing is i need to keep from shutting down like i starting to do last few days as that not good for me at all i deal with all types of health stuff mental emotional spiritual and pycical too sometimes it get overwelming i just want to run and hide but that not healthy either so yes helps to talk about it i here for you too not matter how much or how little one suffers it all suffering and God see it all cares about it all too
God bless you too