No Fear In God's Dwelling Place

This forum is for posting some of your favorite daily devotionals.
Joyful

No Fear In God's Dwelling Place

Post by Joyful » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:30 pm

No Fear In God's Dwelling Place Psalm 91:9-16

Listen to the Word of God for you in Psalm 91:9-13.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling-
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

You have the Author and Finisher of faith in you to enable you to trust the unfailing protection of God Most High. He is exalted, omnipotent, supreme, and overwhelming in His majesty. He is your tender Abba, and His sure promises are found in His names: Most High, Dwelling Place, LORD, and Refuge. He is your shelter, your place of hope and trust, your home. In His names no evil can conquer you. Feel His strength in these names. He is with you. He is Commander of the armies of heaven who has no equal, and He cannot lose. He will command His angels to guard you, and when He commands, it is done. His angels will hold you up in their hands.

Yes, you will have to confront obstacles and be an overcomer. Some of the strongest obstacles are the lies that the enemy wants you to believe. Your adversary is the father of lies. Take your stand in confidence that you will tread upon the roaring lion and the serpent, the ancient foe, because Jesus already defeated him. You are a covenant son/daughter of God Most High. Be bold, be free, and take your rightful authority in your Protector.

Remember the character of your Father: God of all grace, Righteous Judge, Holy One, Compassionate and Faithful One, God of the impossible. Your birthright is to live in honor, dignity, and authority in Jesus' name. You are on kingdom business every day everywhere you go under God's orders. You represent your King as you carry out His kingdom business.

You can speak to God like this: "I am your covenant child, Most High God. I draw close to You. I dress myself in the armor of light. I plead the blood of Jesus over myself, my family, and my friends. I stand in the promises of Psalm 91. With Jesus Christ, my covenant-keeper at my side, the adversary has no authority over me, my family, my friends, or anything that touches my righteous jurisdiction. I take my stand in the authority that is my heritage in Jesus' name."

God answers you with His promises in Psalm 91:14-16.

14 "Because he loves Me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name.
15 He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

You have set your love on God, and He promises to make you inaccessible to your enemies, because you know Him intimately. You know His character, His honor, and His fame. He promises to pay attention to you and respond to you and answer you. He promises to be with you in all adversity, suffering, anguish, and distress. He promises to draw you out of a tight place and deliver you, because you are the object of His affectionate care. His crowning promise is that He will fill you with the satisfaction of a full life and show you His help, deliverance from distress, victory, welfare, well-being, and total forgiveness. In Him you can be truly satisfied. Be blessed to be strong and of good courage, for His banner over you is love.

Be blessed in the name of the One who is the Banner of love over you

(Song of Sol. 2:4).

Sylvia Gunter