But I Will Remember The Lord"

This forum is for posting some of your favorite daily devotionals.
Joyful

Post by Joyful » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:47 pm

"All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them." Psalm 118:10

The thing I like most about David was the fact that he didn't deny his situation, he called it as it was but he didn't stay focused on it. If you look at many of the Psalms he would state the fact that he was in distress, persecuted, pursued by enemies, overwhelmed, faced fear and was discouraged but he didn't stop, stay or get stuck there. He would always add a "but"-- but I will destroy them in the name of the Lord; but the Lord will help me; but the Lord will not turn me over to my enemies; but the Lord stood with me; but the Lord is my strength; etc.

David's faith was evident during even the most trying times. He didn't forget God when he was going through a difficulty. He always remember the Lord no matter what he faced. He knew that it would take the Lord to see him through. He knew it would take the Lord to fight his battles and make him victorious. He knew that not only would it take the intervention of the Lord but that the Lord would intervene and move on his behalf. Perhaps this is why David was a man after God's own heart. He didn't let his situation override his trust and faith in the Lord.

It is faith that pleases the Lord. It is faith that He will be looking for when He returns. Is your faith like David's? Do you acknowledge the problem and leave it at that? Do you get stuck in the situation you are going through and can't see any hope? Do you stay focused on it? Do you remember the Lord in your trials? Do you remember and declare in faith the Lord's help, strength, grace and provision that is there for and with you? Don't just focus on the problem, bring a "but" into it. "But" is a faith word and when you are acknowledging your problem you also need to remember the "but"-- But God is bigger and will make a way.

Have a great day. When acknowledging your problem, don't stop there, remember this--- but the Lord.

coffee Break