Fear Is A Liar

This forum is for posting some of your favorite daily devotionals.
Joyful

Fear Is A Liar

Post by Joyful » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:01 pm

I heard this song by Zach Williams the other day for the first time and it stopped me in my tracks. Go listen to the song here. I will wait. Go ahead.

If there is one thing I have learned on this journey it is that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. He is a liar. He wants nothing more than to make you feel defeated and like a failure. And what happens when we decide to sit there in that place of failure? We aren't shining our light, we aren't living out the calling God has on our lives, we aren't loving well. And that's really want the enemy wants.

Have you ever had thoughts like this?

I've tried so many times before, why try again?
I just don't have the will power to make these changes...
I don't have the right personality to do this.
You don't know the mistakes I've made...
I just can't do it.
I'm not good enough.
I'm too weary.
No one cares.
I don't feel brave.

Those are all lies, my friend. I've believed them for far too long and my guess is that you have, too. Knowing and seeing the lies for what they are is a HUGE first step. Our feelings rarely tell us the truth and fear definitely doesn't tell us the truth. And it is time for us, as believers, CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT, to stand up and say NOT TODAY, SATAN. He is a LIAR. I am calling him out!

Liar, liar pants on fire!

No more.

We have been given armor. We have to GET UP and USE IT. Friends, we cannot replace the lies of the enemy with truth if we don't know the truth. And where do we find truth? Inside the pages of God's Word.

Will it be hard? YES.
Will it be worth it? YES.

Promises to stand on: I am a new creation in Christ. He is transforming me by the renewing of my mind. His mercies are new every morning. I am chosen and adopted into the family of God. I am dearly beloved. He is doing a new thing. His grace is sufficient.

In the process God is making you more like Christ. He made us to do hard things...don't begrudge the struggle because it points us to Jesus. Realizing my own weakness makes me that much more dependent on the grace of God. And I don't want to be anything but more and more dependent on Him.

Candice Crabtree

shalom-dodi

Re: Fear Is A Liar

Post by shalom-dodi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:30 pm

love this, thanks Joyful