How I Came To Know Jesus

Post your testimonies here about how you found Jesus and was saved in the beginning or returned after being lost! We want to hear!
wrpspdjr

How I Came To Know Jesus

Post by wrpspdjr » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:03 pm

• My name Is Jason and I want to tell you what God has done in my life.
• I moved a lot from a young age.
• I always had a belief in God, and I was raised in the church.
• I accepted Jesus into my life when I was nine.
• When I was sixteen, I decided to make a pivotal decision to follow Jesus. I decided to declare this in water baptism for the first time.
• At age sixteen, I took this step, but I did it just to do it.
• As I grew up, I realized that my baptism at age 16 years old, did not mean much to me or God. I had the head knowledge about what baptism was about, but I did not mean it in my heart.
• So I decided to take the plunge again and be baptized as an adult.
• At this point in my life, I feel I better understood what I was doing.

When I was nine years old, my parents separated and my dad moved out of our house.
While he had visitation rights with me, as time went on, the distance got longer and the time I got to spend with my dad became less. Growing up my parents’ separation and divorce hurt me at a young age. When I got older, I realized that unfortunately, divorce happens and that it was out of my control. As time went on and I grew older, I just got used to the way things were and accepted things for the way they were.

My dad was at every major event in my life from the many times I was in the hospital (from birth) to the day I graduated high school. My dad died this past year and I miss him. Now that he is gone, I still think to myself that I want to talk to him. I often try to pick up my phone and call him, but he is not here anymore.

I have been in and out of so many churches from the time I was a kid into my adult years. Trying to find a church family. I have had so great Godly influences, such as my friends Kris Buckler, Sharon Finecey, and the family minister that I grew up with Pastor Jim Rayner, to name a few people in my life. I have seen God in the people that I am surrounded by. These people have been there for me in my time of need. I know for you all, God will be there in your time of need.

In addition to my hospitalizations as a baby and my parent's divorce, I was also hit by a car while riding on my bike. Being in the hospital and not being sure if I was going to make it, I was prepared to meet my maker. Little did I know that the doctor who did my surgery got called out of his church service to operate on me. You never know who you are going to meet at any time in your life. So be prepared and open to seeing around you!

As for where I am today, I was serving in my church, videoing the service. When God shut that door, He flung open the door for me to serve as part of my church’s music team. And anytime I need a ride to church I have people in my church that I can count on that are there for me anytime I need it.

I would encourage all of you to not let your parents’ actions or what they do affect you as an individual. I would also say to study hard and apply your self--because one day your parents or guardian will no longer be around to support. Study hard in school, go to college, pick a career path and shoot for the stars.

I challenge you to commit scripture to memory and one of them is Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

If at times you feel let down, lonely, or forgotten, God is there to pick you up. Just like when you go climbing a mountain and you have your harness on with your safety line connected to it, God is your safety line--He will never let you go. God also gives us friends to talk to when we need them.

Whenever you need Godly counsel, God puts people in your lives to lean on and to talk with, so we do not stay stuck in the state of mind we are in because that is what the devil wants us to do. But Jesus always gives us a way out. When there are times in my life when I struggle with life, I have a list of friends I know I can call.

Thank you for letting me share.