The Renewal of the Mind Part 2

Friday night Bible study discussion archive. Feel free to view and comment on the studies posted here.
joannbkkpr

The Renewal of the Mind Part 2

Post by joannbkkpr » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:11 am

Identifying Emotional Wounds That Can Block the Renewal of the Mind

How Ungodly Beliefs are formed
Ungodly beliefs originate primarily from two sources: the natural or not renewed mind and from our experiences. A great source of our ungodly beliefs comes from childhood parental experiences, traumas, and negative unmet expectations, rejections, and shame which then develop into bitter roots. Understanding First the Orphan Spirit.

The Orphan Spirit causes one to live life as if does not have a safe place in God’s heart.
He or she feels like they have no place of affirmation, protection, comfort, belonging or affection. They are often self-oriented, lonely, and inwardly isolated; they have no one from whom to draw Godly inheritance. Because of this they develop a performance-based attitude that’s function is to strive, achieve, compete, and earn everything they get in life. They do not know how to receive love. They are easily led into a life of anxiety, fears, and frustration. They establish an ungodly belief system.

1st 6 years of a child’s life are primary developmental issues of who God is
Even more serious ungodly beliefs are formed by the child, who trying to intervene as his parents are fighting, is told, “Shut up you pip-squeak, we did not even have all these problems before you came along.”

Is this a harsh example, yes’ is it extreme, yes! He concludes that:
• Things would be better if I had not been born. My life is a mistake.
• It is better to keep my mouth shut and my feelings to myself.
• If I express them, I will just get in trouble.

The Spirit of Sonship is all about having a heart of submission – being subject to another’s mission.
John 5:19 I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees the Father doing, because whatever the Father does the son also does.

Hebrews 12:9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live!

We need to look at our life that we belong to God and in His bloodline. He has just loaned us to our earthly parents.

• We focus on the weaknesses of our parents
• We continually focus on our disappointment, discouragement, and woundedness from our parents
• Not realizing we have lost basic trust because they could not or would not express love and nurture
• Look at the words we speak and our actions and ask, have we developed fear of submission to receive love, comfort, and admonition?
• Has our spirit started to close to God’s direction?
• Are we becoming independent?
• Do we control our relationships with manipulations, isolation, and passivity?
• Are the relationships we have superficial?
• Ask yourself about the relationships you do have.
• Are we living like spiritual orphans?
• Do we see ourselves finding comfort in counterfeit identity?
• Do we have difficulty receiving love and acceptance from God and others?
• If we identify with some of these then we have opened the door to the Orphan Spirit, developing an ungodly belief system and need to find the path to Sonship.

OUR BASIC EMOTIONAL NEEDS AND OUR ONLY RIGHTS
• The need for unconditional love
• The need to feel secure and comforted
• The need for praise and affirmations
• The need for purpose of life

THE FATHER WOUND
• The good father
• The performance orientated father
• The passive father
• The absentee father
• The authoritarian father
• The abusive father

No matter who our earthly father is or was he will fall shout to the unconditional love of God. The woundedness we receive from our earthly father sets an image and wounds that can develop are as follows:
• Neglect – I am unimportant
• Absence – divorce, separation, death.
• Abuse – mental, physical, sexual, spiritual.
• Control – domineering.
• Lack of blessings – at various stage of life
• Lack of affirmation – leads to a lack of self-acceptance

The effect of a father wound is low self-esteem, a deep emotional pain inside and a performance orientation that makes us “doers” rather than “beings”. While salvation makes us new creations in Christ, it does not necessarily address this wound inside. We tend to have 4 barriers that inhibit that healing of this wound:
• Pride – no will to confront or change – I’m all right - stuff it/building walls
• Sin – no will to confess or receive forgiveness
• The wound itself – emotional hurt inside (our baggage we carry with us.)
• Lies – misconceptions about self, our birth father, and God

THE MOTHER WOUND

Where are the sources of mother wounds?
We all come into the world needing the tender presence of a mother’s touch, nurture, care, love, and a mother’s eye to connect with us to the mother’s heart of God. In fact, the mother’s influence begins when we are in the womb. The absence of this mother’s love is a wound that is created in three ways:
• Mother is separated from the child
• Child is separated from the mother
• Unhappy relationship with the mother

When this most important attachment is traumatically interrupted, there is emotional pain that produces consequences within the individual. The effect of the wounding includes:
• A feeling of abandonment and dread of aloneness
• A loss of self and being
• A powerful hunger for feminine touch that can be eroticized
• An emotional dependency
• Possible gender confusion, fear, and insecurity
There are two main responses to a mother wound that affect one’s ability to achieve healthy friendships, and a healthy married love:

Emotional detachment
This defensive response to the breakdown in the mother’s love causes a detachment from the mother. The legitimate need for love from the mothers is repressed, leaving the child hungry, but unable to secure relationships, because of the emotional shutdown. The person fears the pain of attachment, and therefore builds protective walls to hide behind.

Emotional dependency
In this response, the person strives endlessly to fill the void which often turns into co-dependency with grasping, clutching, and infantile tendencies. This striving for attachment is based in low self-confidence, fear, insecurity, and often confusion about self-worth.

Establishing an ungodly belief system
• Mon and Dad fights – fear, insecurity
• Birth of siblings after our birth – jealousy, competitiveness, rejection
• Divorce – abandonment, alienation
• Death – abandonment

Understand God never judges, He loves us unconditionally.
John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

Recognize our Father’s compassion toward us.
Psalm 145:9 The Lord is good to all; His has compassion on all He has made.

Confess our sins and judgments so we can walk in freedom.
John 8:34-36 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has not permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So, if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Forgive those who have sinned against us.
Colossians 3:13-14 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on the love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Allow the Holy Spirit to help us reveal the truth.
John 16:13 When he, the Spirit of truth, comes he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

See the Father’s house as a house of love.
John 14:23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teachings. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Anticipate the Father’s arms wrapped around you as you enter His presence.
Jude 21 Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to brig you to eternal life.

TRAUMAS

The American Psychological Association defines trauma as an emotional response to a terrible event like an accident, abuse, or natural disaster. Immediately after the event, shock, and denial are typical. Longer term reactions include unpredictable emotions, flashbacks, strained relationships and even physical symptoms like headaches or nausea.

A traumatic emotional or physical experience fractures the defenses that would normally block our ability for renewal of the mind. Broken relationships, divorce, unexpected death, job loss, accidents, surgery, and all types of abuse are common points for trauma to affect our minds normal function. When we experience trauma, we can enter a passive/trance state of mind.

BITTER ROOTS

What are bitter roots?
They are our sinful reactions to circumstances that occur in our lives.
They are condemning, critical judgments of other people.
They are the inability or refusal to forgive someone.
They have roots that have the power to defile many, including ourselves.
They operate according to the unchangeable law of God, sowing and reaping which causes us to reap, in kind, want we have sown.

Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

What they are not:
Hurtful or terrible things that happen to us, nor are they the sins of those who have wronged us. They are our sinful responses to those things that have happened to us, planted deeply within us due to our immaturity, refusal, or inability to forgive.
Hebrews 12:15 see to it that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble and by it many be defiled.

This reveals the depth and power of better room judgments-the driving force behind the recurring patterns of trouble and /or destruction in our lives. The power of bitter roots comers from the unchangeable laws of God, which cause us to reap in kind what we have sown.

Bitter roots infect the mind with expectancies.
Who is responsible and accountable? We are! God holds us accountable for our sinful reactions to what has been taken place in our life. We are convicted, but not condemned. Conviction is the friend that brings us to the cross and thus to the healing and transformation. We must first recognize those roots and understand how they affected our lives and the lives of those around us. We must repent, stop patterns of judgments and expectations by taking them to the cross.

child_of_light
CR Member
CR Member

Re: The Renewal of the Mind Part 2

Post by child_of_light » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:05 am

ijust want to say thank you for this study tonight i think it opened up something in me God showed me that this is a part of what i need healing from as i have the orphan spirit from both my parents as was a lot lacking from my earthly parents i never heard of this before it freed me to beable to have anger tonight for the first time at things lacking in my parents most the time i took placed all the anger onto me but now i see it diffrently for first time in my life
my dad was alway performance orientated father but also absentee father as was always working or gone with friends drinking ect he was very authoritaraian father to point of being abusive father ashe hurt us when we did not do as was expected of us there was neglrct abuse coutrol and no affirmations at all from dad in our life

mom was very much emotionally not there due to her childhood but clinged to us depend on us for emotional support she was even when we was little codepend on us so we felt alone a lot of the time no support from either parent

from a young age i know Jesus loved me cared for me the big thing lacking was humen touch as i got very little of that from parents i think that were a lot of this study help me as i see it not my fualt now that i have some deep wounds i also see only God can heal them i look forward to the studies to come in how to deal with the roots and heal thank you so very much for all the time you put into 4G and the studies and groups here they do help your ablessing to many :)

joannbkkpr

Post by joannbkkpr » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Thank you, that really touches my heart and has brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am glad that you that this is helping you to see things differently and that you are on a healing process. Too much of our focus is on what we did either wrong or what we did say or what we did not say. This study helped me see myself in a different way too. So I am glad that it is helping you. Blessings to you.

child_of_light
CR Member
CR Member

Post by child_of_light » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:03 am

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((joann))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
your very welcome it touched me that God showing me that i did nothing wrong that i was wound do to things within my family tree passed down through it so now i am seeing that Hewants to heal me that only He can heal me it not about what others did or did not do it about my relationship with God and my willingness to allow Him to restore me to who i am in Him i know i have to do my part as He leads me on this journey of healing too i starting to see things more clearly then ever before that to you and other here at 4G too as God lead me here i believe for a reason too :) God bless you always He is always faithful too